Angry Thai woman attacks three people with hot oil over 8,000 baht rent dispute

snoop1130

15579083583_c8970f1515_b.jpg

A Thai woman attacked three people, including a toddler, with boiling hot cooking oil due to a disagreement over unsettled rent amounting to 8,000 baht. The victims, two adult women and a two-year-old girl, sought assistance from the Paveena Foundation for Women and Children, both for medical care and in making sure that the woman responsible faced legal consequences.

The incident occurred on May 17th at a restaurant in Soi Sathorn 17, Sathorn district, Bangkok. The victims, 25-year-old Wannisa Sairat, her 57-year-old mother Sommai Pakaew, and Wannisa's daughter, got into a conflict with a 49-year-old woman, referred to as "A", who was the caretaker of Sommai's rental accommodation.

The argument began when the caretaker confronted Sommai about her overdue rent of 22,000 baht. Sommai showed that she had already settled 14,000 baht and committed to paying the remaining 8,000 baht by the end of the month as evidence. However, the caretaker was not convinced and forcefully grabbed Sommai's phone. In retaliation, Sommai slapped the caretaker's hand. Furious, the caretaker retaliated by throwing boiling hot oil at the three victims and then fled the scene.

Unfortunately, when the victims arrived at a local hospital, they were not immediately attended to because the emergency department and VIP rooms were full. Due to the risk of infection from their burns, they also could not be placed in areas with other patients.

Both Wannisa and her daughter suffered intense burns on their faces and bodies. Sommai experienced minor burns on her left arm. Wannisa's daughter was critically injured and may be dealing with mental trauma because of the assault.

Wannisa has since filed a lawsuit against the suspect at the Yannawa Police Station. Despite the suspect's attempt to persuade Wannisa to drop the charges, she is determined to see justice served. The Paveena Foundation has arranged for the family's medical treatment at Yanhee Hospital and is working closely with law enforcement to ensure the perpetrator is held accountable for her actions.

File photo for reference only. Courtesy of Google

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-21

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 11
  • Thumbs Up 1

I feel and have great empathy for the injured people, especially the little girl.

In January this year I let the frying pan fall off the 2 burner cooker and I still have the scars from that on my right lower leg, and it wasn't even boiling fat either.

My mates wife , who was a cook in a Thai restaurant in Germany did a similar thing with boiling oil in a wok across both lower legs and spent 4 days in hospital. She was lucky that a colleague dumped bowls of cold water over her legs to cool them down. That was about 5 years ago and she will always have the scars but she managed to cover most of them with tattoos so that it doesn't look so bad now.

7 hours ago, Woof999 said:

Absolutely atrocious. What the hell did the little girl do to justify being scarred for life?

This is one of those occasions where, on conviction,  I feel the punishment should include exactly what she dished out to others. Brand the scum.

Whilst I don't completely agree with Woof999, IMHO the perp should be put in a bath of cold oil and let it boil up around her.

29 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Whilst I don't completely agree with Woof999, IMHO the perp should be put in a bath of cold oil and let it boil up around her.

Harsh but fair.. ..........         (sorry for cutting post)

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

However, the caretaker was not convinced and forcefully grabbed Sommai's phone. In retaliation, Sommai slapped the caretaker's hand. Furious, the caretaker retaliated by throwing boiling hot oil at the three victims and then fled the scene.

Light the fuse and boom......

• Thumbs Up 1

as the devils advocate. This story could easily be turned around and it said that woman defends herself from violent landlord who attacks her trying to steal her phone and grabbing her wrists violently. Accidentally injuring bystanders. 

Since when do landlords have the right to come to your workplace demanding payment and then escalating it by making a scene?

It is sad about the child getting injured as well. But this may have been avoided if the landlord did not make such a scene and attack the renter. 

Being the owner moved to take action this way. The renter merely grabbed and threw the first thing near her which was the oil where she was cooking to escape the owners grasp.. 

I am just being the devils advocate here because it seems this story is one-sided based on the owners allegations. If I was the renter, I would have immediately called the police and filed assault charges against the owner. And claimed self defence against throwing the oil to escape their grasp. 

15 hours ago, Woof999 said:

Absolutely atrocious. What the hell did the little girl do to justify being scarred for life?

This is one of those occasions where, on conviction,  I feel the punishment should include exactly what she dished out to others. Brand the scum.

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, billd766 said:

7 hours ago, Martin71 said:

Harsh but fair.. ..........         (sorry for cutting post)

Really chaps ?

Irony and apologue brought to you, courtesy of the boiling frog syndrome.

Edited by Pla Simon
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Woof999 said:

for sure deserves the same treatment

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, sherwood said:

You need to seriously get a grip on reality.

ohh i am sorry.. you were there and saw everything and know for a fact the owners story was 100% truth... Forgive me for playing devils advocate

• Sad 3

19 hours ago, Woof999 said:

Psychopaths probably trained in a bar 

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, thesetat said:

ohh i am sorry.. you were there and saw everything and know for a fact the owners story was 100% truth... Forgive me for playing devils advocate

Why?

Were you at the scene or not?

If you were NOT at the scene then you know as much or as little as everyone else.

You just put your twist on it.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Why?

Were you at the scene or not?

If you were NOT at the scene then you know as much or as little as everyone else.

You just put your twist on it.

My twist? Or maybe you do not know what is a devils advocate.. Either way. The story itself shows the owner attacked first without provocation.... Hence the self defense idea. 

However, the caretaker was not convinced and forcefully grabbed Sommai's phone. In retaliation, Sommai slapped the caretaker's hand. 

The owner throw the first blow. 

10 hours ago, thesetat said:

The renter merely grabbed and threw the first thing near her which was the oil where she was cooking to escape the owners grasp.. 

On 5/21/2024 at 3:26 PM, snoop1130 said:

, Sommai slapped the caretaker's hand. Furious, the caretaker retaliated by throwing boiling hot oil at the three victims and then fled the scene.