Financial Statements & Thai Marriage Visa

Posted (edited)

I read online that you must have $10,000 in a bank account for 90 days to apply for a 90-day visa to visit my spouse. I do not keep $10,000 in the bank account. However, I’m can provide investment statements establishing the financial requirements. Is this acceptable to submit? (Also, I am a US Citizen)

Edited by TravelingWell

It's been a changing situation of late - most reports suggest a balance of 400k (or equivalent) is being asked.  LA consulate states; 

1. Recent bank statement showing the applicant's name and ending balance of no less than $15,000 or proof of monthly income of not less than $1,500/month) along with the current bank statement showing incoming income

If they will accept anything other than a bank account I think you will only find out when you try.  A fallback position would be a tourist visa and extend in-country.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

It's been a changing situation of late - most reports suggest a balance of 400k (or equivalent) is being asked.  LA consulate states; 

1. Recent bank statement showing the applicant's name and ending balance of no less than $15,000 or proof of monthly income of not less than $1,500/month) along with the current bank statement showing incoming income

If they will accept anything other than a bank account I think you will only find out when you try.  A fallback position would be a tourist visa and extend in-country.

I entered the country on Visa exemption, received a 30 day extension, then received a 60 day marriage extension, left for Malaysia for five days, re-entered on a 30 day visa exemption and I’m now headed back to the United States.

I’d like to come back within 45 and 60 days. Would I have any likely issues if I applied for a tourist visa? 

Edited by TravelingWell

5 minutes ago, TravelingWell said:

I’d like to come back within 45 and 60 days. Would I have any likely issues if I applied for a tourist visa? 

No issues.

You could also apply for a further 30 day, and 60 day extension as before.