Help

sometime

Help needed please, just had my first pool built, with a salt chlorine generator. The contractor is a bit hit and miss, the pool is around 57000 liters, and in my novice calculations needs around 220 kg of salt, the contractor only added about 20kg, when I asked them what the ppm of salt were in the pool all I got was a blank expression, and was told no measure salt, (I will not be recommending the pool company due to poor workmanship and very little customer contact.

Other things were supporting wall prior to concrete collapsed, cracked tiles/ loose tiles/ 200 tiles I had removed due to different shade, cracked grout. The filter they installed in the middle of the pump house floor, with the pump in front of the door I don’t think they liked being told to reposition it in the corner of the floor.

Although the company was recommended on this site, and stated that the company had an American to overlook the work this was not so in my case. Things change. After all this is Thailand

So I need a supplier in Pattaya for water softener salt, and help to locate a salt test kit or an hydrometer, and a decent DPD test kit, not the 300 baht ph & cl.

PS the pool looks good but don’t look to close

post-9958-1185596960_thumb.jpg

The amount of salt recommended varies depending on the manufacturer of the chlorination unit. Oversalting won't hurt the unit, but will give a salty taste to the water. Most manufacturers will recommend a level of 4-6000ppm. So, you may want to add another 50kg or so to your estimates. Don't forget to maintain your water balance too. Too many of these salt water systems are sold on claims that they eliminate the need for chemicals. You still need to maintain good water balance and make adjustments to the generator's output.

As far as what kind of salt to use, there is nothing wrong will sea salt. It dissolves much faster than water softener salt, and costs far less too.

Edited by cdnvic