Sim card debt

Posted (edited)

What I've been doing over the past many years has been to buy my girlfriend a yearly sim card with unlimited internet. I register the sim in my name, give it to her to use.

If the relationship goes pear shaped in the relationship I visit the AIS store, say I've lost my sim and it's replaced free of charge.

The other day I was talking to this girl, she gave her friend her registered sim card, now she has a debt, her friend loaned money or gambled or similar against the sim card.

Anyone know of a similar story?

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 2

I have an ais yearly sim, and afaik you can not 'run up a bill' as you have no allowed credit, and have only prepaid for internet and maybe certain calls, mine is tied to netflix but i have to top up with enough credit for that bill to be taken

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, steve187 said:

I have an ais yearly sim, and afaik you can not 'run up a bill' as you have no allowed credit, and have only prepaid for internet and maybe certain calls, mine is tied to netflix but i have to top up with enough credit for that bill to be taken

I'm not sure who her the service provider was.

It could have been True, True has a wallet. 

I'm thinking if you are eligible for a type of loan, being a foreign owner sim card, I doubt you could get funds linked to it. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

Somebody is lying to you, to get a little extra cash out of you to pay this 'debt'.

Possibly but she didn't ask for money. 

I am a good friend.

Thai birds are always looking for extra cash. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Sad 1