Sean Diddys Workplace Face-Grabbing Blood & Violent Threats

image.png

The public persona of Sean “Diddy” Combs, a renowned hip-hop mogul and businessman, has been dramatically shattered by recent revelations of his abusive behavior. This month, surveillance footage emerged showing Combs physically assaulting his ex-girlfriend Cassie in a hotel hallway. The undeniable imagery has left no doubt in the minds of viewers about the violent tendencies of the once-celebrated superstar.

Sean 'Diddy' Combs allegedly pummels woman in 2016 hotel video

Cassie's allegations against Combs are not new. Last November, she filed a lawsuit accusing him of physical beatings, psychological torment, and more. Following her suit, six additional suits have been filed, alleging rape, assault, forcible drugging, and even a sex trafficking operation. Now, five former employees of Combs' companies have come forward, revealing that his abusive tendencies extended into the workplace, creating a toxic environment filled with threats, intimidation, and erratic behavior.

File:ETalk2008-Diddy1.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

Former staffers from Combs' lifestyle brand Sean John and his now-defunct advertising agency Blue Flame have recounted harrowing experiences of working under his tyrannical rule. They spoke to The Daily Beast under anonymity, fearing retribution. One former female employee from Sean John recalled an incident where Combs grabbed her face during a disagreement over a creative decision. "He didn’t like that I wasn’t agreeing with him and wasn’t interested in hearing my point of view," she said. Combs allegedly compared himself to the iconic fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, demanding the same level of deference. "He put one hand on both sides of my cheeks and said, 'Stick out your tongue.' Then he squeezed my face harder and yelled at me to stick out my tongue, forcing his hands on my face."

Video appears to show Sean 'Diddy' Combs beating singer in hotel - YouTube

Another former employee described being fired for making eye contact with Combs and showing disappointment when he arrived hours late for a meeting. "There was erratic behavior, there was definitely what I would consider mental abuse, [with] how he spoke to us as employees," the ex-employee said, describing a culture of fear that permeated the workplace. This toxic environment, filled with profanity and physical intimidation, forced employees to work from early morning until late at night.

The workplace dynamics at Sean John resembled a hostile battlefield. Employees constantly walked on eggshells, some even throwing colleagues under the bus to stay in Combs' good graces. One ex-employee likened the environment to "Game of Thrones," emphasizing the pervasive fear and the lengths to which people would go to survive in such a setting.

In one particular incident, an employee recalled Combs reacting violently during a meeting when a designer mentioned being overwhelmed with work. Combs reportedly got in the designer's face, cursing and threatening him. "He felt as though he should never be questioned and what he says is what it is," the former employee said.

Diddy falls into hole onstage during live performance - watch

The relationship between Combs and his employees could be dangerously volatile. One former Sean John employee recounted an episode at Fashion Week where his inquiry about an unidentified woman, presumed to be Combs' girlfriend, led to a tense confrontation. The CEO of Sean John, Jeffrey Tweedy, scolded him, and Combs later grabbed him forcefully, warning him not to ask such questions. This incident marked a turning point in their working relationship.

Another former employee described how the fear of Combs’ wrath drove people to extreme lengths to avoid confrontation. A director at the company would leave the building whenever Combs arrived, terrified of facing his boss. High turnover was common, with directors lasting only a few months due to the unbearable working conditions. This toxic culture was so ingrained that a specific term, "catching a brick," was used to describe becoming a target of Combs' anger. One former employee described an incident where Combs verbally attacked him, surrounded by security guards. "That’s when I learned what a brick is. I caught my first brick, my only brick," he said.

Despite the abusive environment, some employees stayed because of the opportunities Combs provided for young Black entrepreneurs. "The opportunity he gave to young Black entrepreneurs, people that had vision and passion—it was super inspirational," one ex-employee acknowledged. However, witnessing the violence in the Cassie video was a turning point for many. "I was surprised by the level of violence that he had toward Cassie in that video," one former employee admitted.

Cassie's lawsuit against Combs, which was settled a day after it was filed, included accusations of sex trafficking, sexual battery, sexual harassment, gender discrimination, and a hostile work environment. The suit mirrored the experiences of many employees who described a culture of blind loyalty to Combs. "Mr. Combs’s aggressive and demanding approach to those he worked with made it impossible for anyone to challenge him," the complaint stated.

A former Blue Flame employee corroborated the abusive behavior described by Sean John staffers. She recalled instances of Combs verbally abusing female employees, calling them derogatory names and threatening to fire them. "I’ve never seen him be like that with men unless they had no power or stature in the industry," she noted. The abusive behavior extended beyond verbal assaults. Female assistants would warn newcomers about Combs' conduct, advising them to "just turn the other way." Despite the hostile environment, many women played crucial roles in Combs' success. Executives like Dia Simms, Erica Kue, and Erin Harris were instrumental in his business ventures.

Not everyone had a negative experience working for Combs. Some employees acknowledged his intimidating demeanor but described their time with him as a learning experience. One former employee provided by Combs’ representatives described their experience as "net positive," despite the intense work environment. "I don’t think he was exceptionally crazy. It was intense work, the hours were not normal," the employee said.

However, the release of the hotel surveillance video depicting Combs' violent behavior towards Cassie has caused even his former supporters to reconsider their views. "I’m done," one ex-employee said. "I didn’t even listen to the apology. It’s not worth my time."

The latest lawsuit against Combs, filed by April Lampros, accuses him of battery and sexual assault in the 1990s. As the U.S. Justice Department potentially seeks an indictment, Combs' reputation continues to unravel. A former Sean John employee expressed her dismay at the situation. "The video disgusted me as both a woman and someone who used to take pride in working at Sean John," she said. "I am shocked because he has always claimed to be a God-fearing person, but there is no God in abusing a woman you claim to love."

These revelations paint a disturbing picture of Sean “Diddy” Combs, a man who once stood as a titan in the entertainment and business worlds. His abusive behavior, both personal and professional, has left a trail of trauma and shattered lives. As more people come forward with their stories, the facade of the hip-hop mogul continues to crumble, revealing the nightmare that lay beneath the surface.

Credit: The Daily Beast 2024-06-05

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Amazing that Combs got away with it for so long.

Although to be fair, this type of behaviour and attitudes have long been normalized and glorified in rap, particularly 90's gangster rap which Combs grew up around. Also, white liberals would typically be reluctant to call out such speech for what it is due to the demographic involved in producing it. The patronizing excuses of "They don't know any better" or "They know not what they do" schtick. 

"Ain't No Fun" by Snoop Dogg is a good example of such shocking attitudes towards women if one looks at the lyrics. Or maybe Rat-Tat-Tat-Tat by Dr. Dre if your penchant is for songs about black on black violence. I won't post them here, for obvious reasons.

Great tunes though 😄.