Thailand Video News: Chicago Museum to Return 900-Year-Old Artefact to Thailand (short)

Chicago Museum to Return 900-Year-Old Artefact to Thailand:

The Art Institute of Chicago will repatriate a 900-year-old artefact, a 12th-century pilaster fragment depicting the Hindu deity Krishna, to Thailand. The artefact, originating from the Phanom Rung Historical Park in Buri Ram, was likely smuggled out around 1965. Expert Nicolas Revire linked the fragment to its historical site, prompting its return. This repatriation underscores the importance of legal possession of cultural objects and strengthens Thailand-US relations.

Lots of Thai artefacts apparently went missing during the Vietnam war. Carabao actually wrote a protest song about this (different artefact from the news article).

Take back Michael Jackson 

Give back our Phra Narai.

(เอาไมเคิล แจ็คสันคืนไป

เอาพระนารายณ์คืนม)

It is good they returned this, but why wait so many years?

I saw something on TV a few weeks back about artifacts being stolen and smuggled out of Thailand and a group of police and other investigators that actually investigated in an actually get the return of these artifacts TIT a one old tie guy said that I think he got paid equivalent to about $1000 and I don’t know where they sent it either to Europe or America