Read And Write Thai In School In Bangkok

jetzie

Hello guys, i am looking for a school to learn how to speak and write thai in bangkok, however most schools only have lessons 2-3x a week, i am looking for a fulltime like more lessons in a week so i can learn to speak and write in a shorter period of time.

does any one know of any school to recommand???

i am looking at hopefully 5x a week modules. and im not sure which school is best for such a course, i would wish to learn to speak thai and read (hopefully write)

i do speak minimum thai, i can do phrases but in full conversations i fumble up. so i would like to learn to have a decent conversation and since i dont work, i wish to fill up most times in my week in studying.

UTL is an excellent school for the serious learner of Thai.

You study either 4 hours/day (mornings) or 3 hours/day (afternoons), 5 days/week. Each "module" lasts about a month. Reading and writing is introduced in module 3. From module 5 there are daily homework essay-writing assignments (at first I was spending 3 hours/day on the homework. This came down to about an hour by the end of module 6).

Class sizes are small. I wasn't ever in a class of more than 8 students (though some classes had up to 12 students).

Most of the students are Korean and Japanese, so you're forced to use Thai to communicate with them (unless you speak Korean and Japanese). I see this as a plus. (And there aren't to many missionaries - another plus.)

The school is in the Times Square building on Sukhumwit, between sois 12 & 14. Closest BTS station, Asoke.

The UTL website is at http://www.utl-school.com/english/home.php