Parental visa financial requirements 400k

Going to apply for re extension of my parental visa early July (45 days before due / stay until date expires).....stay until date mid August. I believe for a parental extension the 400k only needs to be in the bank the day of application, but my IO requires 2 months before applying, no problem. What I am concerned about is that the balance may not still be 400k on the day the actual extension renews in August, and when I pick it up after it has been approved (after under consideration period) a week or two after expiry date. Will balance under 400k the day my extension expires or when I pick up the new extension be a problem? In 6 years I have never been asked to show bank balance when picking up the (new) approved extension.

I have enough money to top it up, but my money is invested back home and bit of a hassle to transfer a smaller amount.... particularly when the only reason I would need extra is for the extension.

Edited by Kenny202

Just now, kingkenny said:

Hard to answer correctly, one time on collection I was asked to provide updated bank book showing 400k, the next time I was not asked to provide updated bank book. 

Both occasions the money had to be in the account 3 months before applying.

Marriage or parent visa?

5 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Marriage or parent visa?

Parent, I divorced their mum and got full custody. Changed the marriage visa to dependent/parent visa then. I have extended twice on this visa. Both Times would not take into account my income and insisted on the 400k in the bank. I used my Foreign Currency account with Bangkok Bank.

I think you need to ask immigration this question to be honest, it seems it all depends on who is at the counter handing back the passports, this is why it's difficult to answer.

This was at Chaeng Wattana. 

@kingkenny and @Kenny202 just to confirm Tod Daniels statement.

The financial requirement for an extension of stay based on Thai spouse/family/children is in section 2.18 of Immigration Order 327-2557.

327-2557 (2014) - Criteria for extension ENG.pdf 

Clause 4 and 5 in the case of children. (Note, no seasoning of the 400K required).

(4) In the case of children, adopted children, or spouse's children, said children, adopted children, or spouse's children must not be married, must live with the alien as  part of the family, and must not be over 20 years of age except in case of the person hereof is of illness or disability and cannot live without support of father or mother: or
(5) In the case of parents, the father or mother must maintain an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month throughout the year or must have deposited funds of no less than Baht 400,000 to cover expenses for one year

In contrast to clause 6 (Spouse, where the 400K funds must be seasoned for 2 months).

(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a bank account in Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year.

Edited by Liquorice
  • Thumbs Up 1

The thing is though, I will be applying for my extension 30-45 days before my current stay until date. Is the money supposed to be in the bank only on the the day of new extension application, the stay until date or date you receive approval back? (usually 1-2 weeks after stay until date)

3 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

The thing is though, I will be applying for my extension 30-45 days before my current stay until date. Is the money supposed to be in the bank only on the the day of new extension application, the stay until date or date you receive approval back? (usually 1-2 weeks after stay until date)

On the day of applying.