PEA not giving out separate TOU meters for EV owners now?

digbeth

A lot of report in Thai EV groups is that they're no longer giving out TOU meters as a separate 2nd meter for EV charging only which was previously available to PEA areas whereas for MEA, you'd have to switch the whole house to TOU tariff if you want 2nd meter to be TOU for charging your cars

I didn't think many would bother setting up transfer switch to sneak tou off peak rate on the main house while switching back to the normal non-tou meter during the peak hours, well not enough to be a problem but here we are

• Like 1

I've made a slight adjustment to the topic title for clarity.

Yeah, I've heard similar reports, it's a shame but such is life 😞

I've also heard (not officially confirmed) that you can only get a TOU meter if you have an EV or solar.

When we get an EV I'll switch everything over to TOU, we are 99% off-grid now anyway.

Who needs PEA? :whistling: 

5 hours ago, Crossy said:

I've also heard (not officially confirmed) that you can only get a TOU meter if you have an EV or solar.

That would explain why so many were simply refused like facing a brick wall after being refused the 2nd meter, they weren't even offered to switch over the whole house to TOU at all, but the physical meter shortage often heard might also explain this

• Like 1