DJ Attacked, Girlfriend Suffers Miscarriage After Bar Fight in Isaan

snoop1130

thailand-nightlife.jpg

A bar owner physically attacked a DJ in the Thai province of Nakhon Phanom, for leaving his work station to use the restroom. The victim, Chinorrod Yoidoungchai, claims the incident also led to his girlfriend having a miscarriage.

Yoidoungchai, made the incident public by posting pictures of his injuries and the details of the attack on his Facebook page on Sunday, June 30. The pictures depicted his bloody face and hands. He revealed that the attack occurred while he was working at a bar situated by the Mekong River in Nakhon Phanom.

He describes the incident in a post, “It happened at a bar near a clock tower, along the Mekong River. The owner, who was drunk, and his friends swept me away and attacked me. They hit me with a gun until my nose was broken. The attack happened because I took a bathroom break after DJing for over two hours. I left a playlist running while I was gone, but the owner thought I had ended my shift early. They physically assaulted me even though I had just had surgery a few days prior."

Yoidoungchai later reported that he filed a police complaint against the bar owner and his friends. He also updated that his girlfriend had a miscarriage due to the trauma of the incident and is now experiencing unusual vaginal bleeding.

His girlfriend told Channel 3 that one of the attackers is a shareholder of the bar. The attacker openly said he was not worried about the police because he knew high-ranking officers who could assist him.

The couple stressed that they escaped the scene by a lucky chance and expressed their fears of not receiving justice. They have since reached out to Channel 3 and other Thai news organizations with their story.

Yoidoungchai added that he was unable to obtain any CCTV footage of the incident because the owner had disconnected the surveillance camera just before the attack. The police have not yet announced the next steps in their investigation.

File photo for reference only

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-07-02

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 6

39 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

And this is probably Thailand's biggest problem.

Thailand is still in the medieval stage with patronage culture. Who you know is more important than what you know culture. I have seen many Thais and foreigners getting work by recommendations from friends without checking out their skill sets. Those on top of the society do not want to change the status quo as it is not to their benefit.

Gunning for reformation by the young is weak as being reverence to the elders and authorities were indoctrinated in their youth. Moreover, somebody once said that in Thailand, the worst sin is being poor. Having money makes all your problems go away. With a common mentality like that, Thailand would have an uphill climb to move away from her current state. 

Edited by Ctkong
Add more info
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The attacker openly said he was not worried about the police because he knew high-ranking officers who could assist him.

How wonderfully Thai. We would expect nothing else, would we? Maybe the police will prove him wrong, but we'll never know as media here never does a follow-up.

• Thumbs Up 2