Ais Spamming On Your Lcd

tamsin

the mobile message alerting spam going off several times a day was irritating enough - but for the past few days, every time i look at my lcd, there's some bloody message (in thai) offering the usual crap, games etc, ALL day. this's been depleting the battery to the extent i'm recharging twice a day. and i've just had to hitch a ride from where my car had a flat, being unable to contact spouse for pickup. there's no number on their bills, of course, to call their customer disservice to complain. what works to get this stupid company to desisssst? getting a little bit tired of having to suck it up here ...

All you have to do is call them up and tell them to turn it off. It will happen every time you get a new number from them. But call them and they turn it off.

er, i've already stated that THERE IS NO NUMBER FOR THEIR COMPANY ON THEIR BILL. thus entailing a 'really could do without' schlepp up to their office after the hols? and it isn't a new number.

now. anyone else been able to come up with something other than an empty threat to take your business elsewhere, (ie another 'phone company) if they don't stop scrolling your mobile lcd all day?

also what's this with the 400 thb charge every month (1,200 every quarter 17.50 GBP) for nada, nothing, niente? it states on their bill that you have 400 thb credits. no you don't. it's charged on top of any calls made. they didn't have this 'serivce charge' before.

well, thankyou both for your very constructive advice. to 'village farang', i had attempted to call number given at end of ais spam (duh), but of course, 'number not available'. this being the mo of spammers, they want subscribers not customers asking them to desist. and, thankyou austhied, for the ais link, but had already tried that, and defy you to find an actual Customer Service Number on their website. again, only if you are a potential subscriber to any of their, er, products.

on a friendly note, i think if farang baan nok (and no, the thais don't mean that as a compliment), were to look back at my post, i don't think i stated i 'was having problems in thailand', and would respectfully suggest he get down off his buffallo, and make a concerted effort to remember the manners he had hopefully been brought up with in his home country. just a thought. (i thought americanese for arse was spelled butt anyway). la gon.

Oh I did my homework on you and you piss and moan and whine about something in pretty much all of your posts. All that notwithstanding, at the beginning of your post you said you were "tired of having to suck it up here...". That hardly sounds like you have your act together. Maybe you enjoy playing the victim and we should just leave you to it.

i believe their number is 1175.

look on your phone settings for MLife or MobileLife. turn it off. if you can't do that, call them and tell them to turn it off.

well, thankyou both for your very constructive advice. to 'village farang', i had attempted to call number given at end of ais spam (duh), but of course, 'number not available'. this being the mo of spammers, they want subscribers not customers asking them to desist. and, thankyou austhied, for the ais link, but had already tried that, and defy you to find an actual Customer Service Number on their website. again, only if you are a potential subscriber to any of their, er, products.

on a friendly note, i think if farang baan nok (and no, the thais don't mean that as a compliment), were to look back at my post, i don't think i stated i 'was having problems in thailand', and would respectfully suggest he get down off his buffallo, and make a concerted effort to remember the manners he had hopefully been brought up with in his home country. just a thought. (i thought americanese for arse was spelled butt anyway). la gon.

Im with village farang, the AIS call centre number is loaded on all AIS sims: 1175. If you had looked through the numbers on your phone you would have found it.

that said, hope you manage to sort it out.

ps: i take taxi's, so no need to tell me to get down off my buffalo.

btw: all farang hail from baan nok by definition, some seem to fit the bill more so than others. if you consider the term derisive, ask yourself in terms of fitting in, who is the bumpkin?

as for the manners i was taught back home, i do recall something about not suffering fools lightly. though knowing nothing about you i would hesitate to call you a fool.

Without wishing to sound "helpless", any advice on how to stop this invasive marketing from Orange?

My phone is not on contract, just a simple SIM that I top-up and this works well for me. Except, that is, for silly spam messages. I was told (guy in a bar) that deleteing them without opening them slows them down. I was told that they send a signal back to 'HQ' when you open them. If you set your phone up so as you can see the first line of the message you can identify spam and delete it. I tried it and I now get far fewer, but I'd like none at all.

Im with village farang, the AIS call centre number is loaded on all AIS sims: 1175. If you had looked through the numbers on your phone you would have found it.

btw: all farang hail from baan nok by definition, some seem to fit the bill more so than others. if you consider the term derisive, ask yourself in terms of fitting in, who is the bumpkin?

as for the manners i was taught back home, i do recall something about not suffering fools lightly. though knowing nothing about you i would hesitate to call you a fool.

Gee, thanks t.s, I can't remember the last time someone agreed with me. I may fit the "not suffering fools lightly" line a bit much but what can I say? I wouldn't have survived here for so long if I couldn't figure out things on my own or needed somebody to hold my hand through every step of a process.

I tried to tell the OP how to work it out without doing the whole thing for him. I figured he might remember and become less dependent if he had to do some of the work himself. The other guys were much nicer than I was but I was trying to help the guy long term.

Anyway, thanks again!

Without wishing to sound "helpless", any advice on how to stop this invasive marketing from Orange?

My phone is not on contract, just a simple SIM that I top-up and this works well for me. Except, that is, for silly spam messages. I was told (guy in a bar) that deleteing them without opening them slows them down. I was told that they send a signal back to 'HQ' when you open them. If you set your phone up so as you can see the first line of the message you can identify spam and delete it. I tried it and I now get far fewer, but I'd like none at all.

not sure what the orange (true?) call center number is, but you have to call them and they will either turn it off or tell you how to go about it manually. like ais it is a "service" they have on by default.

Gee, thanks t.s, I can't remember the last time someone agreed with me. I may fit the "not suffering fools lightly" line a bit much but what can I say? I wouldn't have survived here for so long if I couldn't figure out things on my own or needed somebody to hold my hand through every step of a process.

I tried to tell the OP how to work it out without doing the whole thing for him. I figured he might remember and become less dependent if he had to do some of the work himself. The other guys were much nicer than I was but I was trying to help the guy long term.

Anyway, thanks again!

I didn't aim my help directly at him, if you know what i mean. The bloke hasn't even replied or said thanks yet. So hopefully it will help those who deserve it. After all, it's just karma.. :o

well, am happy to report my mobile's been spam free for 24 hours and counting, after calling the call centre on 1175 and asking very pleasant and helpful young woman to please stop spamming, or as they call it, 'discontinuing their mobile life service'.

thankyou girlx for your succinct and courteous reply. there are a couple of other words starting with the letters 'c' and 's' i would like to ascribe to a couple of the other er, posters, but it's against forum rules. pity placing pig ignorant and boorish posts in answer to inoccuous requests for assistance isn't. over and OUT.

To turn it off....

For most Nokia phones:

Go to the menu, Find "AIS Service" (in the "My Own" folder on N80, "Apps" folder on N95)

Click on it (You will see "mLIVE!" and click on it)

You will see "Activation" Now click on that and make sure it's turned OFF.

Got rid of 99% of the spam, though every once in a while I'll get a message from BIGFUN.

well, am happy to report my mobile's been spam free for 24 hours and counting, after calling the call centre on 1175 and asking very pleasant and helpful young woman to please stop spamming, or as they call it, 'discontinuing their mobile life service'.

thankyou girlx for your succinct and courteous reply. there are a couple of other words starting with the letters 'c' and 's' i would like to ascribe to a couple of the other er, posters, but it's against forum rules. pity placing pig ignorant and boorish posts in answer to inoccuous requests for assistance isn't. over and OUT.

Noted. For future reference. :o

Another "karma" reference I'm sure! :D

Another "karma" reference I'm sure! :D

Something like that VF.. :D

there are a couple of other words starting with the letters 'c' and 's' i would like to ascribe to a couple of the other er, posters, but it's against forum rules. pity placing pig ignorant and boorish posts in answer to inoccuous requests for assistance isn't. over and OUT.

just listen to yourself.

remember it was you who couldn't find the call centre number in your own phone book.

there are a couple of other words starting with the letters 'c' and 's' i would like to ascribe to a couple of the other er, posters, but it's against forum rules. pity placing pig ignorant and boorish posts in answer to inoccuous requests for assistance isn't. over and OUT.

just listen to yourself.

remember it was you who couldn't find the call centre number in your own phone book.

bottom.gif

Edited by Austhaied