Forbidden.

I have now been "Forbidden" to download songs on YouTube. I'm told I don't have permission, is it someone looking for money? I have been doing it for years and now suddenly I can't. Has this happened to anyone else?

• Haha 1

Do you mean music videos or audio songs ? You usually need a third party (not legal) app or website to extract and download the audio from a youtube clip. You can usually download clips to be watched later offline within youtube app, but those clips expire unless you have regular internet access.

Otherwise its a paid product to download and keep music from youtube.

Edited by Peterw42

7 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Do you mean music videos or audio songs ? You usually need a third party (not legal) app or website to extract and download the audio from a youtube clip. You can usually download clips to be watched later offline within youtube app, but those clips expire unless you have regular internet access.

Otherwise its a paid product to download and keep music from youtube.

I mean music videos. I'm confused. This has just suddenly happened, there has been no word about it anywhere.

For many years I used Wondershare Video Converter Pro (paid version) to download YouTube videos, now that does not work anymore.

I didn't try it too many times, but any video which I tried recently, including harmless DIY videos, won't download anymore.

Until now I didn't spend any time to try to solve this issue.

I have YouTube Premium to avoid the ads, they have a download button. But the files are not locally available in any usable format. At least that is what I found out until now.

11 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

I mean music videos. I'm confused. This has just suddenly happened, there has been no word about it anywhere.

Maybe your YT downloader browser extension needs to be updated, or an update is in the works for the near future.

Edited by BigStar

1 minute ago, BigStar said:

Maybe your browser extension needs to be updated, or will in the near future.

Thanks, I will look into that but the same thing happens on my three browsers, Opera, Brave and Edge.

I don't know why you can't download, but here is what I do: I have a subscription to YouTube premium, which costs in Thailand only 139 Baht per month. With that you can download music and movies. But even better is a program called 4K Video Downloader. I have the paid version and it is the best for downloading high quality movie and music clips. 

Maybe something for you?