Feta Cheese - Man, I'm Craving For My Salads

theseveredhead

Just finished a light salad - sliced cucmber, tomato and feta cheese diced and sprinkled with a little vinaigrette. Accompanied by some soft arab bread and a glass of soda.

Foodwise excellent. Would prefer a very cool retsina to get along with it

cheers

onzestan

Foodland usually have Feta. But generally Friendship is better for cheeses.

Yeah, I like the selection at Friendship.

In the Dairy section they have the usual packaged cheeses (Colby, Cheddar, Blue, Processed, etc), and then in the Deli section, even more of the other types (Havarti, Edam, Gouda, Swiss, etc).

Ugh, now my mouth is watering. Guess I'd better go do some shopping. Mmmmm, toasted swiss cheese and ham on rye.......

Just finished a light salad - sliced cucmber, tomato and feta cheese diced and sprinkled with a little vinaigrette. Accompanied by some soft arab bread and a glass of soda.

Foodwise excellent. Would prefer a very cool retsina to get along with it

cheers

onzestan

Yeah - but I'm in Saudi - can only dream of it!

I asked that question before and have been advised by some friendly nickpicker on the board that the cow milk cheese sold as Feta in Pattaya indeed qualifies as Feta, although not made from sheep milk. :o

Anyways, cow milk feta in all farang oriented supermarkets, sheep feta yet to be found!

Just came back from Friendship, and while browsing their selections, I noticed they did have a couple of varieties of Feta cheeses in the Dairy section (including Feta cubes in Olive oil). It does all appear to be made from cows milk as Raro mentioned.

In the Deli section though, all I saw were some wedges of Goat Cheese (that's what the name of the stuff is).