Asus X1600 Hangs In Vista At Random Interval

Uncle_Ho

could anyone tell me why .. ?

i like my ati card but it keeps freezing in vista and when playing "company of heroes" ...

sometimes the signal to the monitor will just disappear and i have to restart !!

its been going on for a while .. i thought it was the driver issues .. but i have been using several new drivers since .. and the problem is still the same ...

bought in jan .. 3 yrs warranty .. will they allow me to return (synnex warranty) ? how do they check if the card is defective ?

how much can i sell asus eax1600 now ? just wanna know ..

i use e6600

p5w dh deluxe

corsair xms2 ddr2800 pc 6400

asus eax1600

psu 400w enermax liberty

Guest Reimar

Go to guru3d.com and checkout the latest high performance drive for the ATI card and Vista. From guru3d.com you also check for the latest DNA driver for ATI. You want find better driver.

On other ting is the heat control on the card. Is the Fan (if have one) working?

Keep checking for new drivers from ATI.

I have an ATI X1300 video card with a Samsung monitor that pivots and I kept downloading the latest drivers because in Vista the UAC prompts would totaly black out the screen if the LCD were pivoted to portrait mode, but on 5/17/07 a driver version was finally released fixing it. I had had several revised video drivers before that magic one came out. Keep checking!

I think the Omega drivers are good for ATI videocards, especially if you're into gaming. You can find them here.

You should always run a driver cleaner when changing video card drivers. Files left behind can cause issues later, I've exprienced it firsthand. Read how to use it! it should be run in safe mode.

Unfortunately Driver Cleaner Pro is no longer free so you can't get it from their site. Some old versions are still going around, the last free version can be found here.

Rumor has it a new Vista service pack will come out soon which will have lots of fixes for graphics cards issues.

You can turn off UAC if it drives you insane. Given that it doesn't protect you from any exploits, I'd say turning it off is no harm right now.