FBI choses the fittest, most trained and competent to protect Trump

BobBKK

4 minutes ago, novacova said:

I listened to the audio, total of nine shots with 3 distinct tones. The first three shots were most likely from a 5.56 from the same position, slow paced shots fired, semi auto. The following 5 shots sounded like 7.62, the first three of those were semi auto mode, the following 2 shots were in select fire mode and the reflexes of the shooter was definitely well experienced. ~15 seconds after the first shot was the ninth shot, definitely shot from a different position from the previous two positions, sounds like a 7.62 out in the open, very little echoing, most likely the ss sniper hitting the patsy guy on the roof.

WOW!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, novacova said:

I listened to the audio, total of nine shots with 3 distinct tones. The first three shots were most likely from a 5.56 from the same position, slow paced shots fired, semi auto. The following 5 shots sounded like 7.62, the first three of those were semi auto mode, the following 2 shots were in select fire mode and the reflexes of the shooter was definitely well experienced. ~15 seconds after the first shot was the ninth shot, definitely shot from a different position from the previous two positions, sounds like a 7.62 out in the open, very little echoing, most likely the ss sniper hitting the patsy guy on the roof.

So far, I haven't seen any reports of how many spent 5.56 shells they found on the roof, or how many were left in the magazine. (Assuming he loaded it full, having been to the ammo store that morning.)  Nor have I seen whether it was a 10 round magazine (max legal capacity in some states), a 20 round (probably the most common AR15 magazine) or a 30 round (what most gun nuts buy.)

Has anyone seen such info?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Whether or not you agree with DEI quotas (I 100% don't), it is obvious that certain jobs, ones that involve human life (such as security, surgeon, pilot etc.) need to be excluded from the hairbrained idea. 

Pick the best, most suitable person for the job irrespective or race/age/gender and you can avoid embarrassments like the Trump assassination attempt.

With Kimberley Cheatle as head of the secret service you end up with someone with an assault rifle 150 metres awway, clearly visible to everyone given 15 minutes to line up their shot on the former (and future) president. Her excuse? The roof was so sloped that it was a health and safety risk to have someone up there 😃

If that wasn't bad enough, it was followed by this...

image.png.d957307bddd8bb969476bcd297b53976.png

Don't tell me there were hairbrained women in charge for all of these?

1. Andrew Jackson: The first recorded attempt was on January 30, 1835, when Richard Lawrence attempted to shoot Jackson but failed when both of his pistols misfired.

2. Abraham Lincoln: Successfully assassinated by John Wilkes Booth on April 14, 1865.

3. James A. Garfield: Successfully assassinated by Charles J. Guiteau on July 2, 1881.

4. William McKinley: Successfully assassinated by Leon Czolgosz on September 6, 1901.

5. Theodore Roosevelt: Former President Theodore Roosevelt was shot by John Flammang Schrank on October 14, 1912, but survived because the bullet was slowed by a glasses case and a speech manuscript in his pocket.

6. Franklin D. Roosevelt: An attempt was made on February 15, 1933, by Giuseppe Zangara, who fired several shots but missed Roosevelt, though he did kill Chicago Mayor Anton Cermak.

7. Harry S. Truman: Two Puerto Rican nationalists, Griselio Torresola and Oscar Collazo, attempted to kill Truman on November 1, 1950. Truman was unharmed.

8. John F. Kennedy: Successfully assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald on November 22, 1963.

9. Richard Nixon: Samuel Byck attempted to hijack a plane on February 22, 1974, with plans to crash it into the White House. The attempt failed.

10. Gerald Ford: There were two attempts on Ford’s life in 1975. The first was by Lynette “Squeaky” Fromme on September 5, and the second by Sara Jane Moore on September 22. Ford was unharmed in both attempts.

11. Jimmy Carter: Raymond Lee Harvey, along with others, planned to assassinate Carter on May 5, 1979, but the attempt was thwarted.

12. Ronald Reagan: An attempt was made by John Hinckley Jr. on March 30, 1981. Reagan was shot but survived.

13. George H. W. Bush: An attempt was made in 1993 by Iraqi intelligence officers, who plotted to assassinate Bush with a car bomb during his visit to Kuwait. The plot was foiled.

14. Bill Clinton: Frank Eugene Corder crashed a Cessna into the White House grounds on September 12, 1994, in an apparent attempt to hit the White House itself. Clinton was not harmed. Additionally, Francisco Martin Duran fired shots at the White House on October 29, 1994.

15. George W. Bush: On February 7, 2001, Robert Pickett fired shots at the White House from outside the fence, and in 2005, Vladimir Arutyunian threw a grenade at Bush during a visit to Tbilisi, Georgia, but it did not explode.

16. Barack Obama: There were several plots and attempts, including one by Oscar Ramiro Ortega-Hernandez, who fired shots at the White House on November 11, 2011. Obama was not harmed.

These are the major recorded assassination attempts, though there may have been other lesser-known or unpublicized attempts.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

So who can tell me? Do professional snipers aim at the head or torso?

Seems all these years I thought it was the torso.

13 minutes ago, Purdey said:

Depends on distance and opportunity of the shot. Preferably the head being the most vulnerable part of the body. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BobBKK said:

But they must reach their 30% diversity target - so they selected a fat female who can't holster her gun (diversity target met!)

u-s-secret-service-agents-85417867.jpg

A bull dyke, aka a butch.  Diversity 100%.  That individual is a laughing stock for what that organization represents.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

56 minutes ago, Purdey said:

A head shot incapacitates the target immediately. A torso shot might give the target time to fire more rounds, especially if he was wearing body armor.

It would also depend on what is visible, you can only shoot what you can see. I think the best thing is to fire three shots as quickly as possible. Two warning shots to the torso to distract the target and get his attention then one shot to the head to let him know it's getting serious.

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Whether or not you agree with DEI quotas (I 100% don't), it is obvious that certain jobs, ones that involve human life (such as security, surgeon, pilot etc.) need to be excluded from the hairbrained idea. 

Pick the best, most suitable person for the job irrespective or race/age/gender and you can avoid embarrassments like the Trump assassination attempt.

With Kimberley Cheatle as head of the secret service you end up with someone with an assault rifle 150 metres awway, clearly visible to everyone given 15 minutes to line up their shot on the former (and future) president. Her excuse? The roof was so sloped that it was a health and safety risk to have someone up there 😃

If that wasn't bad enough, it was followed by this...

image.png.d957307bddd8bb969476bcd297b53976.png

optics on this are great. 

20 minutes ago, Smokin Joe said:

A head shot incapacitates the target immediately. A torso shot might give the target time to fire more rounds, especially if he was wearing body armor.

It would also depend on what is visible, you can only shoot what you can see. I think the best thing is to fire three shots as quickly as possible. Two warning shots to the torso to distract the target and get his attention then one shot to the head to let him know it's getting serious.

Thanks a lot. Seems I was misled when the DOD says military snipers aim for two triangles on center body mass (https://www.defense.gov/Multimedia/Experience/Art-of-the-Shot/).

So, I can assume that this kid who was 150 feet away went for the head shot only.