Non O visa based on marriage and separate life

Hi, i'm living near Mukdahan, married to a thai woman for 15 years, we have a child 14 years old and i own a non O visa based on marriage. The situation is very complicated with my wife. We had a lot of arguing, so she decided for now to move to another province. We didn't talk about divorced yet, but it could happen. We need a long break to think about it. What could happen if the immigration discovers we don't live together ? Cancelling my visa, fine, deport ?

Do you think i can explain the situation to an immigration officer and change my visa to a Thai child visa without get divorced ? What should i do, please ?

Thanks for your help

34 minutes ago, steph83 said:

Do you think i can explain the situation to an immigration officer and change my visa to a Thai child visa without get divorced ? What should i do, please

Generally speaking to apply for extension based on support of Thai child you would need to be divorced.

Assuming you are over 50 thinking your best option is change to extension based on retirement.

When your current extension is due for renewal you could make the change.

You would require 800k in bank for 2 months prior to application. 

Wife would need to attend. 

• Thumbs Up 2

For many years Immigration officers have visited my home only once without a reason. Guess it should not be a problem until your will need to extend the stamp. May be many reason why you and your spouse stay separately for a while. It may be a problem in her family or religius reason and etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Generally speaking to apply for extension based on support of Thai child you would need to be divorced.

Assuming you are over 50 thinking your best option is change to extension based on retirement.

When your current extension is due for renewal you could make the change.

You would require 800k in bank for 2 months prior to application. 

Wife would need to attend. 

I moved from a Thai wife extension to support of Thai child, were still married with no question of divorce  KR Colin

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, colinchaffers said:

I moved from a Thai wife extension to support of Thai child, were still married with no question of divorce

I did say "generally speaking" 

Which immigration office were you able to do extension based on parent while still married? 

Here is cut/paste from ubonjoe in similar threads....

"Other than the 400k baht being the bank for 2 months for marriage and only on the day you apply for being  the parent there is little difference.

In some cases marriage would be easier since some offices want a letter from you child's school and photos of them at the school and a few other things.

Also some offices would not do the extension based upon being their parent if married."

• Like 1