I Want To Buy A Hotel/spa

Hi

I am, on behalf, of a UK based organisation looking to purchase or lease a property. In my head I have an image of an upmarket spa resort that has not acheived its potential or its market share.

The specs are:

2-3 hours real time drive from the new airport

20+ bungalows or large air conditioned and en-suite rooms

Swimming pool

Central building with dining area and kitchens

Decent sized grounds

Other wants are:

Seclusion

In good order

Up market

It can be inland or by the sea. If it is inland it needs to be away from a main road.

If anyone knows of a property similar to this that may be on the market or coming to the market please let me know.

Initially I may want to rent the property for one to two years to examine viability but I am flexible.

Send me a pm if you can help.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

I am, on behalf, of a UK based organisation looking to purchase or lease a property. In my head I have an image of an upmarket spa resort that has not acheived its potential or its market share.

The specs are:

2-3 hours real time drive from the new airport

20+ bungalows or large air conditioned and en-suite rooms

Swimming pool

Central building with dining area and kitchens

Decent sized grounds

Other wants are:

Seclusion

In good order

Up market

It can be inland or by the sea. If it is inland it needs to be away from a main road.

If anyone knows of a property similar to this that may be on the market or coming to the market please let me know.

Initially I may want to rent the property for one to two years to examine viability but I am flexible.

Send me a pm if you can help.

Thanks

How about buying a nice piece of land possibilty with a sea frontage & building your own resort, in the Pattaya area?

We could probably help you with this, pm me for more details?

For some reason I cannot edit my post so:

I am also looking for something with 7+ bedrooms which is secure and in large grounds. It needs to be in good order with a large swimming pool.

If your intrested I have a new 7 bedroom 2 storey house for sale in Pattaya (living area 850sqm), large swimming pool, house takes up most of the 800sqm land plot.

I'm acting as an agent on this property, pm me if you want more details & photos

would'nt you do better getting in touch with some Thai real estate businesses ?

Hi

Thanks for that. I had thought of that and have been in touch with several realtors including all of those who advertise on Thai Visa.

What has surprised me is that only one has replied and only to suggest I register with their website. Maybe they are busy or, because they don't have what I am after don't need to.

I will keep trying all means available and will be over in a few weeks to start my search in earnest.

Hi

Thanks for that. I had thought of that and have been in touch with several realtors including all of those who advertise on Thai Visa.

What has surprised me is that only one has replied and only to suggest I register with their website. Maybe they are busy or, because they don't have what I am after don't need to.

I think you will find it extremely difficult to find a hotel for sale, on a bricks and mortar valuation alone. I certainly do not know of any, but good luck with your search.

Hi

I think you will find it extremely difficult to find a hotel for sale, on a bricks and mortar valuation alone. I certainly do not know of any, but good luck with your search.

I think you are right. However I read everyday of holiday businesses going under so I will keep looking. But since I am not interested in opening a hotel my needs can be met by obtaining two/three good sized properties near to each other. Each would need a swimming pool and at least 5 bedrooms. If they have servants quarters that would be a bonus. It would also help if they were walled. I think they are commonly called gentlemens residences.

So if anyone knows where I can get hold of something like this please get in touch. I would initially want to lease with a view to buying, if possible.

I think you are right. However I read everyday of holiday businesses going under so I will keep looking. But since I am not interested in opening a hotel my needs can be met by obtaining two/three good sized properties near to each other. Each would need a swimming pool and at least 5 bedrooms. If they have servants quarters that would be a bonus. It would also help if they were walled. I think they are commonly called gentlemens residences.

So if anyone knows where I can get hold of something like this please get in touch. I would initially want to lease with a view to buying, if possible.

FYI the wife and I just came back from Hua Hin at the weekend, the middle of the low season, and every major hotel hotel was more than 95%, the Anantara resort and spa where we stayed was turning people away. So when you consider that most hotels here run a 47-52% GOP they tend not to go under all that often.

So I think your idea of switching tactics is appropriate but now you have to consider that your requirements have increased too and your needs are now very specific. In other words your search parameters have narrowed considerably, and thus your chances of finding something suitable have decreased.

PM sent