Raymond James closing Thailand accounts anyone know alternative firm accepting Thailand

I have an account with Raymond James and got an email that they are closing their Thailand accounts but one option is to change it over to an ambassador manage account for 1% charge does anyone know of alternative firms that will accept an account from Thailand anyone else have an account with them or other firms you can suggest

On 8/22/2024 at 1:04 PM, steveb5 said:

I have an account with Raymond James and got an email that they are closing their Thailand accounts but one option is to change it over to an ambassador manage account for 1% charge does anyone know of alternative firms that will accept an account from Thailand anyone else have an account with them or other firms you can suggest

I'm assuming you're a U.S. citizen?

And what, you nominally had a U.S.-based RJ account, but somewhere along the line informed Raymond James that you are/were living in Thailand instead of in the U.S.?

Or, they in the past were formally handling brokerage accounts for Thailand residents, and now have decided not to anymore?

Yes I am a US citizen and used to live on Guam before coming to Thailand had an account with Merrill Lynch but they stopped doing business with Thailand then transferred over to Raymond James and now the same stop to do business in Thailand so I'm looking for another option they did give me the option of keeping my account but only as a managed account at 1% charge. So I prefer to change to another firm rather than pay the 1%