How likely is another military coup in Thailand 2024 ?

CLW

Given the current political turmoil and exclusion of the PPRP from the newly formed government, how likely is another military coup in Thailand?

I mean it's not that they are announcing it before, right? Surprise is one of the major elements of a coup in any country....

17 hours ago, CLW said:

Given the current political turmoil and exclusion of the PPRP from the newly formed government, how likely is another military coup in Thailand?

I mean it's not that they are announcing it before, right? Surprise is one of the major elements of a coup in any country....

Well, I suppose you follow daily stories of Thai politics, don't you?

Making Prawit your enemy seems not very intelligent. So Thaksin will have a hard time. And what will happen to his daughter to sit as PM is questionable. It might be that a coup is on the horizon. And then there is the other one, whose name is not to mention. 😳

• Haha 1

Won't happen.  The generals are not blind, and saw what happened only a few weeks ago in Bangladesh.

The army/police refused to shoot at their own people, and the gov't had to run with tails between legs.

I think the people are at a breaking point now, they will object en masse, and the authorities will refuse to kill their own people.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CLW said:

Dont think it will happen because the people had enough of Prayut and Prawit.  As to the PPRP they have internal issues that are precluding them from doing anything. 

The people, including the PP, will not accept military rule.

BJT is the new military Elite party and they have control of the PT.  Before we see a coup I think there will be another election called.

3 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

Won't happen.  The generals are not blind, and saw what happened only a few weeks ago in Bangladesh.

The army/police refused to shoot at their own people, and the gov't had to run with tails between legs.

I think the people are at a breaking point now, they will object en masse, and the authorities will refuse to kill their own people.

Why do you think this? It has happened several times already in Thailand. The military shooting Thais is not unusual. 

• Agree 1

On 8/30/2024 at 9:09 AM, CLW said:

Not likely at all in 2024, we are too close to year end...:whistling: