Joint tax filing under Thai wife's name - any advantages/disadvantages?

Started reading the Thai RD website about tax filing. Here it stated that option 3 allows joint filing for a married couple under the [Thai] wife's name. I will still need a TIN that is the same as my pink Thai ID. 

Any advantages or disadvantages you can imagine?

Filling Options

Pursuant to Section 57 Sex of the Revenue Code, a married couple may now have 5 options in submitting their tax returns:

1. Each spouse files his/her tax return separately;
  2. The couple files their return jointly, combining the wifes income with the husbands income (and submit a return under the husbands name);
  3. The couple files their return jointly, combining the husbands income with the wifes income (and submit a return under the wifes name);
  4. The couple files their return jointly, but the husband files his Section 40(1) income separately;
  5. The couple files their return jointly, but the wife files her Section 40(1) income separately.

11 minutes ago, 4myr said:

I will still need a TIN that is the same as my pink Thai ID. 

Your pink ID number is your TIN, works the same way as for Thai using their ID number.

If you want to file online, your local tax office can contact the main provincial office to have your pink ID number activated in the online system.

• Thanks 1

On 9/3/2024 at 6:56 PM, NoDisplayName said:

Your pink ID number is your TIN, works the same way as for Thai using their ID number.

If you want to file online, your local tax office can contact the main provincial office to have your pink ID number activated in the online system.

I got the  "Can Not"  and was issued a completly diff # from my  Pink ID card ..

guess it amounts to how much effort they want to put into it