Is China Airlines Business Class Good ?

wileycoyote

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you think China Airlines Business Class Amsterdam-Bangkok-Amsterdam is any good ?

And

Do you get access to the Business class longes Amsterdam & Bangkok ?

:o Wiley Coyote

Business class : not good compared to others (old style little reclining seats).

Only advantage : direct flight.

Lounges : if you fly Dynasty class you have access to all the lounges

Cheers

Edited by onzestan

Ive not flown business with CI, but I have economy.

overall, i only had 1 problem - flight times are crap. AMS-BKK leaves mid-afternoon resulting in a restless journey with (in my case) very little sleep.

other than the flight times, i had no complaints. very decent for the price. :o

I have flown biz class with China airlines in April, I would rather fly Etihad/Qatar/Emirates economy than china biz class

Rubbish in flight entertainment, service very poor on bkk-ams leg, cos its a night flight. No AVOD, limited number of films to watch, and drab cabin interior, and rubbish food.

I have travelled with China and Etihad etc, I have a gold card with china airlines, these were in the days before Etihad Qatar was a viable route to get to LOS, I used my miles up to upgrade to biz class with China, just to get my monies worth out of them. But that is the last time that I will use them. Etihad, or Qatar are my favoured airlines, for future flights to LOS

Poorest safety record of just about any airline in the region. 2.5 times the rate of fatal incidents as Garuda Indonesian even. :o

Roger that. I had mates that worked (dived) on the China Airlines crash near Taiwan about 6 years ago. Everyone died.

CA, no thanks. :D

My company offered a China airlines flight back from the states a couple o weeks ago, told them in no uncertain terms to poke it and went with Cathay, the last footage I saw of China Airlines was from a Remote Operated Vehicle recovering bodies.

I never choose airlines based on price, where are they scrimping to cut costs?

Hi I'm also a Gold Card member with China Airlines, business class is not worth the £1000. plus they are now charging for this route. I have enough miles in my account for a one way upgrade and will use this in September for the last time.

I'm switching allegiance to Emirates, far superior in my opinion in every department.

Hi I'm also a Gold Card member with China Airlines, business class is not worth the £1000. plus they are now charging for this route. I have enough miles in my account for a one way upgrade and will use this in September for the last time.

I'm switching allegiance to Emirates, far superior in my opinion in every department.

Tks to everyone.that's Goodbye to CI !

Edited by wileycoyote

i fly china air only because its cheap and it has a shuttle that runs near where my parents live.

their online milage is punctual and accurate - but takes eons to really stack up miles enogh to fly

their phone/ground communication outside tpe is good

the office in bkk is run by a really rude thai dowager

taipei is a total clusterfux though (ugly, boring, chaos)

food is awful

often have bratty chinese MALE children who are beastly

boarding is usually a nightmare - you are after all now with the chinese

many planes lack many amenities youd see even on EVA

poor flight record

they are just CHEAP

my hunch for business: you get a bigger seat, everything else is same-same

Some posts are way over the top. I admit that it isn't a top airline, but to claim they lose luggage often ? I have been flying with them on the AMS-BKK route at least 10 times, and not once did they lose my luggage. The service they do provide is indeed basic. Flown business class with them on one occasion, the food was actually quite good that time. Seats indeed don't recline that much, but they are flying rather old Boeing 747-400 on that route. I'm sure the entertainment aboard the triple 7 is much better.

Their safety record is based upon a few crashes many years ago.

Anyway on that route (AMS - BKK) there are only three carriers (flying directly). The other two are EVA (similar carrier, but flies only 4 times a week) and KLM. I always select them based upon price, this time around it's going to be KLM.

Edited by sjaak327

Anyway on that route (AMS - BKK) there are only three carriers (flying directly). The other two are EVA (similar carrier, but flies only 4 times a week) and KLM. I always select them based upon price, this time around it's going to be KLM.

Some good [points .

Thank You

Poorest safety record of just about any airline in the region. 2.5 times the rate of fatal incidents as Garuda Indonesian even. :o

The safety record is changing for the better.

I have used them a few times NCL-AMS-BKK in First and cattle. No complaints whatsoever.

I used to fly to bangkok via Amsterdam many times on this airline but it has been a few years. I have been upgraded many times to business class also upstairs in the bubble. I thought it was very good service in both classes. Its not as fancy as some other airlines but all the times i was flying with them the service & food was very good in all classes.The movie selection was also good & if you wanted to play games they would give you a remote. The only down side for me was that the flying times on my outward journey from Amsterdam was a bit long and I hate waiting in airports. The other problem was that they changed the mileage for upgrades so it was very difficult to get a upgrade. I don't have much of a option but to fly with klm or china from where I live so I now fly with klm better arrival times in Amsterdam.

The safety record is changing for the better.

I have used them a few times NCL-AMS-BKK in First and cattle. No complaints whatsoever.

Their safety record constantly changes for the better right up until every crash or in-flight disintegration.

China Airlines Boeing Plane Catches Fire in Japan

Aug. 20 (Bloomberg) -- A China Airlines plane with 157 passengers on board caught fire after its left engine exploded at Naha airport in Okinawa, Japan, a popular beach resort. The passengers and crew were evacuated safely, the Taipei-based airline said.

The engine of the Boeing Co. 737-800 caught fire at about 10:35 a.m., after the plane had landed, according to Japan's transport ministry. Terrorism was ruled out as a cause, said Johnson Sun, a China Air spokesman.

Flames and smoke billowed from the aircraft's broken fuselage, leaving the nose resting on its side. The fire caused a gaping hole in the plane's roof. Firefighters extinguished the blaze by 11:37 a.m. by spraying foam on the aircraft.

Rest:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...refer=worldwide

LaoPo

China Airlines Boeing Plane Catches Fire in Japan

Aug. 20 (Bloomberg) -- A China Airlines plane with 157 passengers on board caught fire after its left engine exploded at Naha airport in Okinawa, Japan, a popular beach resort. The passengers and crew were evacuated safely, the Taipei-based airline said.

The engine of the Boeing Co. 737-800 caught fire at about 10:35 a.m., after the plane had landed, according to Japan's transport ministry. Terrorism was ruled out as a cause, said Johnson Sun, a China Air spokesman.

Flames and smoke billowed from the aircraft's broken fuselage, leaving the nose resting on its side. The fire caused a gaping hole in the plane's roof. Firefighters extinguished the blaze by 11:37 a.m. by spraying foam on the aircraft.

Rest:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...refer=worldwide

LaoPo

Nice that they can rule out terrorism so quickly. Guess he's going by their track record.

Nice that they can rule out terrorism so quickly. Guess he's going by their track record.

Nice!!! I'm flying with China to FCO next week....this really boost my morale!

g.

If it makes you feel better, I checked the average age for their fleet and it's 5.4 years. Seems like they junked all the old planes.

http://www.airfleets.net/ageflotte/China%20Airlines.htm

post-6192-1187591747_thumb.jpg

All safe after plane inferno

Taiwanese passenger plane burst into fire moments after landing in southern Japan but all passengers and crew made a dramatic escape as flames engulfed the jet.

Giant flames and plumes of black smoke erupted from the China Airlines jet just eight minutes after it had landed from Taipei at Naha airport on Okinawa island.

Firefighters sprayed hoses full of foam on the aircraft, which turned into little more than a charred skeleton that had collapsed into pieces, television footage showed.

Two people were taken to hospital but the extent of their injuries was not clear, a fire department spokesman said.

The blaze was triggered by a fire in an engine, officials said.

"When the fire broke out there was a huge bang and passengers were still in the midst of evacuating," witness Toshimasa Yamamoto told Tokyo Broadcasting System.

"When the passengers appeared to be finishing the evacuation, the fire engulfed the entire plane. It really was a close call," he said.

All 157 passengers were safe, as were the two pilots and six crew members, officials said.

"All 157 passengers evacuated through the emergency slides," said Akihiko Tamura, a transport ministry official in Tokyo.

"As for the crew members, we have confirmed that all eight are alive. There is information that one of them is injured and we are still looking into how serious the injury is," he told a news conference.

Authorities had earlier said they could not confirm the whereabouts of four crew members.

In Taipei, China Airlines also confirmed the safety of all passengers. The airline put the passenger number at 155, not including two infants without tickets.

"Everything was normal, including take-off and landing, until the pilots were told the airplane was on fire," China Airlines spokesman Johnson Wang told reporters.

He said the Boeing 737-800 from Taiwan had landed on Okinawa as scheduled.

"Then the crew on board immediately took the due procedure to evacuate all the passengers," Wang said.

Once the flames were doused, firefighters in protective gear could be seen climbing into the ruins of the aircraft searching for any survivors or victims.

The fire broke out at 10:35 am and lasted for nearly an hour, officials said.

The transport ministry said it started in an engine on the left wing of the plane, and that there were no indications it was a terrorist attack.

Okinawa, a subtropical island which lies closer to Taiwan than Tokyo, is a popular tourist destination and is ordinarily packed with Japanese visitors during the ongoing summer holiday season.

The incident will likely rekindle memories in Japan of a major crash by a China Airlines plane in 1994. In that incident, 264 people were killed as the Airbus A300 nosedived on landing in the central Japanese city of Nagoya.

the airline is about the same chaos as PAL and the food is disgusting. its a poor value, but tends always to be cheapest into jfk.

they always hassle me for a reciet (in tpe) ... ITS A FREAKING E TICKET MORONS! then they scurry to the computer, fail at what they are doing and let me on anyway.

i really dont like the airline. id love an alternative - its the bus i mentioned b4