Relocation to Thailand - Thai Customs

Gattacibus

Hello guys,
I'm moving to Thailand and after donating 80% of my stuff to the thrift store I'm about to hire an international relocation company and ship some belongings of personal value to Thailand. 
Most of the items are pretty common: books, photos, posters and paintings, clothes, and some dishes with family value. The only odd thing in the shipment would be a used foosball table that is not available in Thailand, I would like to think that having only a few items that needs customs clearing and import duties would be manageable.
Does anyone have experience on how to coordinate this with the Thai Customs and which items to avoid in the shipping that may cause a lengthy and costly bureaucratic halt at the customs?

Any previous experience or sensible advice would be very appreciated

Thanks,
Matt 

• Like 1

when I moved here many years ago now I brought most of my stuff apart from furniture, all my work equipment, several bottles of wine, computer and several discs plus clothes, towels etc and all my fishing gear(reels, lures, hooks  etc, I had brought the rods with me in rod cases)). The only thing that went missing were all the discs, computer face was broken off but wine etc all came through with nothing extra payable. It arrived at my wifes house and we didnt have to contact anyone before hand.

Edited by seajae
  • Thumbs Up 1