hi all

i hav been offered a job by a thai company....as a software consultant -

i approached the thai embassy in delhi for a B visa...apparently they dont issue multiple entry visas...

i had all the papers

the letter of invitation

the company's tax and registration papers

the employment contract with the appropriate salary - meeting recent changes....

and then they asked me to get something called a quota approval

from the ministry of labor

i just want to knw what this quota approval is

and is this a normal practice...

kinda confusing to me

any info on this and how to get a B visa without too many hassles wud be of gr8 help

regards

varun

and is this a normal practice...

What's "normal"? :o

Paperwork requirements vary from consular office to consular office. I get the impression that the Thai consular offices in India are fairly strict. I visited the Thai consulate in Mumbai once to see if I could renew my non-immigrant 'B' there. Same paperwork requirements as you describe including the letter from the Ministry of Labor. No idea what this document is except that it's probably one more piece of paper to make an applicant chase after in the hope that they'll just go away and apply for a visa elsewhere...

Is it true that indians can apply for visas only from their place of residence -

in that case that wud be india for me....and the embassy here doesnt offer multiple entry B visas..

so will i never get a multiple entry B visa....

is there some way to circumvent this - so that i can probably apply in some other country

regards

varun

Is it true that indians can apply for visas only from their place of residence -

No idea but it wouldn't surprise me to find that to be the case.

If the job is legit and all of your paperwork is in order (save for the Ministry of Labor document), why do you need a multi-entry 'B'? Get a single-entry 'B', apply for a one-year extension after you enter Thailand, and then get yourself a multiple re-entry permit.

Welcome to the world of Thai consulates and immigration.

I would push the request back to the company offering you the job, they should be able to get you the relevant document.