Vitamins

Spaniel

I'm not a great believer in taking vitamin supplements. I'm of the opinion that if we eat properly there should be no need to take additional vitamins in pill form.

However, if you must, the ideal time to take supplements is with your meals. During this time, your body can absorb the nutrients better, as your digestive system will be stimulated with food.

Vitamins that are water soluble are the easiest to use, as they will pass through the body easily and quickly, and should be taken three times a day. Vitamins that are fat soluble are best absorbed if they are taken with food that contains fat.

I don't take them as a rule, but if you can't get a good balanced healthy diet and or travel a lot then it is a good idea to take them immediately following a meal.

Although no substitue for vitamins from food they are a useful supplement to your diet.

I take about 12 different vitamins everyday. I also take a baby aspirin and omega 3 oil capsules. Usually take them with meals but have never seen any convincing medical evidence that the vitamin supplements do any good other than make your urine more vitamin packed. I view them as a cheap form of insurance just in case I do not eat a well balanced diet on any particular day. I doubt if the time of day has any effect but I personally usually split them up taking them at different meal times.

I'm not a great believer in taking vitamin supplements. I'm of the opinion that if we eat properly there should be no need to take additional vitamins in pill form.

However, if you must, the ideal time to take supplements is with your meals. During this time, your body can absorb the nutrients better, as your digestive system will be stimulated with food.

I once had the same opinion too. However, each time there was a check up, something was missing. Since I use a nutrition supplement as per enclosed link (sorry the page is in German only, but I saw the product even at a shop at Suvarnabhumi), this issue belongs to the past. Even my gf is convinced about it.

Centrum A til Zink

• 2 weeks later...