Bahrain Airport

phyco

does anybody know if there are any resteraunts airside, not fast food, as i have a six hour stopover on way to bkk

Upstairs used to be a half decent Bar with a bar food menu, also a separate restaurant upstairs although not exactly 5 star.

I preferred the bar myself.

does anybody know if there are any resteraunts airside, not fast food, as i have a six hour stopover on way to bkk

:D Been some time since I been thru there, but there used to be a restaurant with sit down service. Both European and Arabic food. Wasn't outstanding, but at least fair. I thought it a bit pricey, but that is what you expect in the middle east.

P.S. you could also get cold beer with the meal.

:o

Been through several times recently (last in March). The restaurant that IMA_FARANG mentions is still there, but I've not used it recently. It's always struck me as a typical unexciting Middle East airport restaurant, adequate but pricey. During layovers I get free food in the Gulf Air lounge as a frequent flyer, but if I didn't I guess that I would make do with the fast food and franchise outlets (of which there are quite a few), rather than spend in the restaurant.