Forum Obsession

Stir it up

Been following the topics on this board for a few months now.

Is it just me, or do certain members have an unhealthy obsession with this forum? I refer to the likes of Gentleman Scamp and his aliases.

I think more than an hour a day spent here is a bit odd. Sure, there's some useful info. here and a varied community of members, but some of you clearly don't have social lives. Perhaps a girlfriend would be a distraction for you, or do you find the curves of you monitor more appealing?

I'll come back tomorrow to read any responses as I have a personal life to attend to, unlike a few people here.

Happy surfing. :o

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me, or do certain members have an unhealthy obsession with this forum? I refer to the likes of Gentleman Scamp and his aliases.

I think more than an hour a day spent here is a bit odd. Sure, there's some useful info. here and a varied community of members, but some of you clearly don't have social lives. Perhaps a girlfriend would be a distraction for you, or do you find the curves of you monitor more appealing?

I'll come back tomorrow to read any responses as I have a personal life to attend to, unlike a few people here.

Happy surfing. :o

Well, my job keeps me infront of my monitor 12 hours/day, so it's my work rather than this forum which interferes with my social life. Then again, if I didn't work I would have no funds to support any social life at all. I could work less hours, but I'm greedy.

I dont know how long I spend here, usually go do some stuff come back see whats been happening, I dont pay by the time but buy MB.

Where do you live?

I can go for months without seeing an other falang, and most of the regulars here live in thailand.

For some of us its just a way to chat to some friends, mabye pass some information along to newcomers.

Anyway fine first post !!

I'm a habituee whilst at work; and on a slow day there's not much else to do in Siberia! :o

I'm not often in the forum when I'm back in Thailand, not only do the wife and kids keep me busy, but the last thing I really want to do is sit in front of a computer! :D

Well, I do online teaching, maintain a couple of websites, do online stock trading... so I'm on the computer up to 6-8 hours per day, on average.

In addition, I do spent a lot of other time at home. This is why..(my front yard)

Poolcsmall.jpg

When you're living in paradise, why go anywhere else? :o

I also work in front of the computer, but I admit that I get 'pulled in' far too much than is good for my work and my real life relationships. I guess after living about 10 years in asia, I really appreciate the opportunity to exchange and communicate with other farangs in such a convenient way.

Sure, there's some useful info. here and a varied community of members, but some of you clearly don't have social lives. Perhaps a girlfriend would be a distraction for you, or do you find the curves of you monitor more appealing?

I find your remark a little bit naughty, but don't worry about that, who am I?.

Many people become a member of this forum because they read something they like very much or dislike very much.

And the first posting many times serves the purpose of positioning oneself.

We now know that you have a social life. And that is good.

Personally I think that all forms of communication are part of social life.

Kissing you wife, writing a letter, reading a letter, talking with your friends or the neighbours, participating in cyberspace-forums, yes, why not even playing with your children and your dog.

How do you do it? Do you wear special clothes when you are about to engage in 'social life'?

Don't forget: 90 % of communication is body language, so on a forum like this you have to go pure verbal. You only 'see' a little bit.

So, now I am going to attend some social life, but I shall take a shower first. You never know who you meet and it might be body-language all the way.

I've only ever had one alias and you're not one of them.

The mods know this.

I go out at weekends and I have lots of friends but I am between jobs this week and do not have a lot of money to spend so the forum tends to me my social life on weekdays.

I don't think it's an unhealthy obsession, I'm not a religious follower, stalker or Elvis fan though I do find it sort of moreish.

I doubt you're a genuine newbie, but there are genuine newbies and other members who rarely post and I don't criticise them for it.

P.S. Tornado - I'd come up with something better than stir_it_up who is by name by nature and I think I know who it is, obviously somebody I have pissed off as myself or ambassador - Kevin? Harry? It's not a big deal - he's gone to a lot of effort to try and make me look silly though, all he had to do was be himself or PM me.

He didn't need to, I often do a perfectly good job of making myself look silly. :o

Sure, there's some useful info. here and a varied community of members, but some of you clearly don't have social lives. Perhaps a girlfriend would be a distraction for you, or do you find the curves of you monitor more appealing?

I find your remark a little bit naughty, but don't worry about that, who am I?.

Many people become a member of this forum because they read something they like very much or dislike very much.

And the first posting many times serves the purpose of positioning oneself.

We now know that you have a social life. And that is good.

Personally I think that all forms of communication are part of social life.

Kissing you wife, writing a letter, reading a letter, talking with your friends or the neighbours, participating in cyberspace-forums, yes, why not even playing with your children and your dog.

How do you do it? Do you wear special clothes when you are about to engage in 'social life'?

Don't forget: 90 % of communication is body language, so on a forum like this you have to go pure verbal. You only 'see' a little bit.

So, now I am going to attend some social life, but I shall take a shower first. You never know who you meet and it might be body-language all the way.

Showering with a friend ... now there's body language ... where's the soap ?

I've spent more than an hour a day on the forum, when I can come online that is. There were some certain days my work or family situation kept me away from computer. Considering the number of email addresses I have to check on daily basis, it always takes more than an hour to check all of them. So, just keep another window open to see what's going on here and make some friends (and enemies, of course). That doesn't hurt. I don't like going out and meeting new friends in a bar or the like. It's quite difficult to see how shallow one is. Appearances or drinks might distract you before you get to know the person. Unlike here, where you can "see" first what others are like, what kind of sick attitudes they have, etc etc.

Perhaps a girlfriend would be a distraction for you,

Let me ask my boy if he's up for the idea of me getting a girlfriend. Kind of kinky. :o

Let me ask my boy if he's up for the idea of me getting a girlfriend. Kind of kinky. :D

If you ask me LC you can have as many girlfriends as you like, i'm kinda liberal that way...

Only thing i ask is, can i watch? :o

I've only ever had one alias and you're not one of them.

If it is not you, GS, why did he specifically mention about you, nobody else.

A friend of yours? :o:D

p---You know what they say about opinions?

I think more than an hour a day spent here is a bit odd. Sure, there's some useful info. here and a varied community of members, but some of you clearly don't have social lives.

p--- My computer is on all daY. Between seeing sick people all day and dictating medical reports participating in this forum really helps to make my day go more quickly most times.

p--- After hours I participate because over the past six years my six best friends have moved out of San Diego, so my social life is some what limited , by choice.

Perhaps a girlfriend would be a distraction for you, or do you find the curves of you monitor more appealing?

p--- Girlfriend, I'm married so I can't have one. That's my answer and I'm stickin' to it. :o

p--- I usually don't comment on what i consider is inappropriate but in my opinion your opener was and especially your last comment demonstrated a rude and conceited attitude.

So I would take more time in "this alleged personal life" and try to grow up and get an attitude adjustment. :D

Happy surfing.

It started as an obsession, then just got worse.

Read around and you will see quite a few who almost see TV as family.

TV, Tukyleith.

We have no time for the TV.

Thanks God.

We have a life,... :o

I'll say it again, it is not me nor anybody I know.

I am regretting ever having another nick, and it still isn't getting through to anyone that I had more than one valid reason for having the ambassador.

I have NEVER trolled - that's not to say I never would, I would have to have a very good reason but no I have not.

Ambassador was not a troll, he was another nick.

I understand that as the post refers to me you may think I'm using it to get a reaction - I'm not that self obsessed I can assure you, and I just think it is somebody I have pissed off recently or rightly put in their place and they have used a troll in an attempt to try and humiliate me because as their true self they can't or couldn't.

I've got enough on my plate at the moment without playing silly games on the internet only a week after confessing another nick and fearing it would get me into trouble.

I understand that as the post refers to me you may think I'm using it to get a reaction - I'm not that self obsessed I can assure you, and I just think it is somebody I have pissed off recently or rightly put in their place and they have used a troll in an attempt to try and humiliate me because as their true self they can't or couldn't.

Relax, GS.

Everybody knows you would never do that, ... :o:D