where do those street beggers come from

villageidiotY2K

hi folks, often see those arms/legs amputated, severely burned , women with a kid, head looks like being smashed with a jackhammer type of beggers in the market. l

where do they come from, are they being dropped off by someone as i can't imagine dude without legs can get there

also thais just ignores them and strolls past them as they dont exist 

what is going on?

There are commercial beggars, often from Cambodia, and often using kids, organized in gangs that keep the money. They occupy the best spots, especially in tourist areas. 

The goverment discourages Thai people to give to beggars. 

I don't give to anyone who uses kids. That's child work. 

On the other hand,  begging in a market in a god-forsaken place like Bang Phli, that's not a money- making enterprise. 

I will usually give them something. 

yeah i understand your point but how about those that got their legs amputated or burned almost 100% of their face?

how do they even get to their spot it in the first place?

i think i heard from someone that they can't pay off their debt so they got harmed by their lenders.

im starting to believe that is really the case, but how much do they even collect even with their legs amputated.

Edited by villageidiotY2K

Some gypsy gangs were known to mutilate young kids and put them in the streets of European capitals without a leg or an arm to generate pity and more revenue from begging. Unfortunately we always want to help the poor, but giving alms to beggers anyplace today, could lead to indirectly financing human traficking and a well organised racket. Sad but the only way is to stop giving money to anybody such begging in the street. Sad, as you really want to humbly help and give them something...