Nicest Place To Visit In Thailand?

Debaryman101

Kho Chang used to be a wonderful place 'till Toxin and his henchmen got there hands on it. There are still some nice spots and people, try and find somwhere to stay that's still owned by locals and you'll have a good time, and a visit to Baan Kwan Chang is a must and if you don't mind a bit of discomfort you can even stay a few days.

Outside Thailand, Laos.

There is no "nicest" place we can tell you of.

There are some "nicest" places in Bangkok.

There are some "nicest" places in Phuket, Koh Samui, Koh Chang, Koh Samet (beach/diving wise) or Chiang Mai, ... (mountain wise).

But they are the tourist spots.

Open any travel guide, you will find them.

What do you actually like?

My favourite times ( since marriage :o ) have been spent in mukdahan, with brother in law and friends fishing the mighty Mekhong, Plachon city! The odd gallon of Sip-et tua gets knocked back as well ( 11 Tigers) We spend a few days on a raft/house and I lose track of the times I fell in whilst 3 sheets to the wind.

Well , it beats a freezing morning catching gudgeon in the local pond...

Auattaya, Shoukothai, for history, ruins ect, Lopburi, has some interesting Khemer ruins, loads of monkeys and is very un touristy.

Chang Mai/rai, Mae Hongsong for mountains.

Kow Yai national park, for mountains/wildlife

Beaches of Ko Samet, Chang or down south Phuket, Krabi, Saturn.

Kanchanaburi has a nice setting on the river, site of the "bridge over the river Khawi" and some nice resort hotels out of town either floating on or next to the river, the scenary around is pretty good to and only a few hours out of BKK.

My fav is Phuket, world class beaches, loads of nightlife and good resteraunts. On the down side its probably the most expensive place in Thailand and Patong is very touristy.

Hmm where to see the real Thailand?

Its all of it, the tourist beaches, Bangkok, main cities around the country, small country villages. Life is different in all of them but they all go to make the real Thailand.

My favourite times ( since marriage  :D ) have been spent in mukdahan, with brother in law and friends fishing the mighty Mekhong, Plachon city! The odd gallon of Sip-et tua gets knocked back as well ( 11 Tigers) We spend a few days on a raft/house and I lose track of the times I fell in whilst 3 sheets to the wind.

Well , it beats a freezing morning catching gudgeon in the local pond...

I also like mukdahan. Really pleasant place on the banks of the Mae Naam Khong. Beautiful this time of year.

My all around favorite is the North. Anywhere in the North. The best part of Thailand, and Thai people, I believe. :o

Auattaya, Shoukothai, for history, ruins ect, Lopburi, has some interesting Khemer ruins, loads of monkeys and is very un touristy.

Kanchanaburi has a nice setting on the river, site of the "bridge over the river Khawi" and some nice resort hotels out of town either floating on or next to the river, the scenary around is pretty good to and only a few hours out of BKK.

My fav is Phuket, world class beaches, loads of nightlife and good resteraunts. On the down side its probably the most expensive place in Thailand and Patong is very touristy.

Its all of it, the tourist beaches, Bangkok, main cities around the country, small country villages. Life is different in all of them but they all go to make the real Thailand.

Thanks Random chances They have hotels that float on a river? That must be a hoot.

Chok Dee

Thepnakhon

Kanchanaburi is actually a great place for a day or two.. My wife took me ther for a romantic break and we had a wonderful time..

Kao Lak just north of Phuket seemed pretty nice for a night or two as does Krabi..

Personally being here long term I need things like daily international newspapers and quality coffee beans etc.. For me the best combination seems to be Phuket for the long term aspects.

I Shall be going to see the historical site a Phanom Rung (nr Buriram) when I'm next in LOS, a friend of mine visited a couple of months ago and said it was well worth a visit.

Has anyone else been there ?

totster

Kao Lak just north of Phuket seemed pretty nice for a night or two as does Krabi..

Last year I took an "orange bus" from Khao Lak to Surat Thani. This bus first stops at Takua Pa and then heads on to Surat Thani passing through a National Park ( Sorry can't remember the name ), I've gotta say I have never seen such stunning scenery and rock formations, it really made the 5 hour trip a pleasure. It is possible to stay in the park and take guided tours etc.

totster

I like WAT KAW SOO-CREM (Please excuse the spelling) its about 100 km south of Pattaya along the main road to Trat

The turn is well signed and the Wat is only about 7 Km from the main road.

It is the best place i have visited in Thailand.

Its free to enter for Thais & Farangs, you can use their cable railway (free) to get to the Wat which is half way up a mountain.

The place is full of Jade, furniture, vases etc.

The monks are very friendly and invite you to sit and talk to them with a cup of free iced tea or water.

When you enter they give you a blessing bracelet for your wrist.

This resets your belief in the true Thai hart.

On leaving i gave them as a donation of more than the rip off places would have ask to see crap

Edd :o

All toursit places nonetheless , Isaan is the heartland , no tourist places , long may it remain so :o

Quote " In many ways, the North-Eastern region of Thailand is the kingdom's heartland. Partly due to the area's general nondevelopment, the older Thai customs remain more intact here than elsewhere in the country." unquote

:o