Why Do You Post In Thaivisa?

Bluecat

I think it is because I am obsessed with Thailand and I think there are a lot of people like me on this forum. If my outside knowledge of Thailand can help some one , then I am glad to do it.

I am probably going to screw this up but here it goes.

"goong gum goong gwen"

my wife favorite saying, It means what goes around comes around. If you help some one then some one will help you.

I find some very helpful stuff on here.

And sometimes someone asks about something I am familliar with.

And since I do not watch TV and my wife takes an early nap, I come on here and do find some very funny and amusing <deleted> goin on sometimes.

Then sometimes I can't sleep,so I come here to pass the time, But I do find a lot of things that amuse me. And I thank you folks for that. :o

I post on here to discuss things with other falang and get good advice. But mostly to converse with other falangs. All day i am hanging out with Thias and communicating in broken english or my shocking Thai. Just nice to get a western opinion on things :o

I found thaivisa.com while searching for a free Web-to-SMS. There wasn't one ... but the "bargirl" topics caught my attention, and here I am

What do you want from us, "rod_kalashnikov" "

Nothing is free here. I have to pay for my newspaper, I have to pay to my daughter's school, I have to pay to get se(xxxxx) with my wife.(she wants food, clothes, sweet word in her ears, she want s me to tell her I love, you know all the usual crap.)

Nothing is free here my man. (and the bargirl tread ... why do you read this crap.... it has NOTHING to do with Thailand)

You need a teacher????

I don't charge too may beers per hour...

hi'

posting for things that I fell concerned about, and for sure help farangs out of computers problems as Thai help is so often useless and most of the time really innacurate :o

I give what I can ...

just hoping that it does help a few ... and surely always try not to shock or hurt

any ... :D

cheers

francois

Why are you so keen to help others?

Giving them some ideas on how the life in Thailand is.

Not always very "accurate" though.

So why do you do it?

Because you are farang.

And you need to discuss with farang.

Am I wrong? :o  :D

Yes, you are wrong, my dear friend. As you know I am not a "farang" (personally don't like this term much). :D

I was tired of that biggest Thai forum, while people kept asking the same old questions all the time... "How to ship my stuff back to Thailand from the US?" (country can be changed as you wish), "How to call the US at the cheapest rate?", "Is there anyone flying to Chicago next Monday on Flight TG666? Maybe we can meet up?", "First time on a plane. What do I need to know?", "I'm applying for visa for the US. Please check the list for me and advise if it's enough", "Please translate this into English for me"., etc etc. So, I've joined this forum to see.. erm, you know what instead. Good fun though. There are hilarious posts on here. I can get to kick some smart arse once in a while. Quite entertaining to say the least.

I'm here mostly so that I can vent my anger and/or disappointment with whatever happened to me personally or in Thai politics. I haven't really written anything positive lately, but this place is kind of good for letting off some steam. Better here than shouting at some airhead at McDonalds when the food is 20 minutes late. And this forum is just good fun. I always have a laugh.

ASIC

After nearly 20 years I know how difficult and frustrating this beautiful country can be.

It is good to help others cope with the difficulties.

Also a good place to vent my spleen once in a while.

Edited by astral

Bluecat wrote:

"Why are you so keen to help others?"

Isn't that human nature, to offer and accept help?

"So why do you do it?"

Interaction. Learn and share. The more I learn, the less I know. Learn and share some more.

"Because you are farang. And you need to discuss with farang. Am I wrong?"

Very wrong, IMHO. Once I found this forum and how valuable, worthwhile and occasionally very amusing it can be, I just keep coming back. The ancestry of the individual posters doesn't really mean much in the grand scheme of things, although I do llike to observe and learn from some of the differences in the way Thai, Brit, Aussie, Yank and other people write and respond.

It's a great time killer.

It's a great mine of info and a good place to get questions answered.

It can be funny.

It can be an alternative (and cheaper) social life as well as a way of meeting new people.

It is interesting and fun to see how all us different nations react together when we are all in the same boat with the same label.

It's entertaining to read that others have the same thoughts and opinions as you do... Being able to relate to situations and observations is the secret of comedy.

After posting a post which could be interesting - coming back the next day is filled with anticipation and usually a laugh or two.

I  post  on  here  to discuss  things  with other  falang and get  good advice. But mostly  to converse  with other  falangs.

Absolutely!

I get annoyed sometimes with some 'silly' posts, and I am probably guilty of annoying others, at times !.

This Forum is essential viewing, for anyone thinking of coming to LOS.

The generosity of the vast majority of contributers with good advice, is boundless.

I have benefited tremendously from it, and for that, I thank them profusely.

OK, I know that people sometimes get it wrong, but that, when it happens, is soon put right!

I am here but a few weeks and I am posting from Ireland. Usually sitting in the office while I am writing out quotations for customers and wondering why I am still here instead of being in Los.

Over the few weeks I have been posting I have gained invaluable information on

1/ visa applications

2/transfer of funds

3/interest rates

4/property

5/land acquisition

6/working visas

7/investing money

I could go on.

What is clear is that there are people here that have invaluable information to share and to soften the landing for some of us who are still green behind the ears. There are also people here with expertise, which is invaluable to others. I myself have experience in areas where others would not have and am waiting for that opportunity to share whit them.

This forum is invaluable for the transfer of information for expats and those willing and wanting to move to LOS

Get your flight sorted yet corkie???

T.T. is the cheapest safest way of transfering funds from the Emerald Isle abroad.

Euro$32.00 charge to transfer any amount out of the country(AIB Rates).

Yes 12call telegraphic transfer been doing that for years buying cars from Japan but did not know that you could do it to LOS What would be the bank rates i.e. what bank in Thailand would give the best rate. :o

i was a regular on an expat forum in singapore for several years before coming to thailand. that was one seriously addictive forum. so i searched for an expat thailand forum when i got here and thaivisa showed up. i wouldn't classify myself as a regular here, more like an occassional rubbernecker. i like the forum format because you get to see and participate in a wide cross section of local issues from a relatively safe distance, and its not immediate and in-your-face like a chat room. you get to mull over your response or just choose to just let it go. its somewhat more dignified in that way. mutual respect, tolerance and maturity are the most important (but rare) ingredients for a good forum and i compliment the vast majority of thaivisa members for making this forum so usable.