For Cable Users Throughout Thailand

madmitch

It is of course the opening day of the football season and although my beloved Charlton are now in the Championship, I'll still be following the top division.

6:30 p.m. I thought I'll go and watch the Sunderland v Tottenham game. The usually reliable D.P. Cable was showing showjumping, cricket, speedway and highlights of yesterday's sporting day. Four sports channels, no EPL. An hour and a bit later and into the second half and no change.

I'll see what happens at 9:00 but have they just forgotten to change the channels or could it be that True Move, the pay TV official monopoly, made it clear to the cable chanels that they have the exclusive rights to the EPL in Thailand and put their foot down?

I'm in Phuket. Any similar stories from elsewhere?

I'll post if there's Premier League footie later.

It is of course the opening day of the football season and although my beloved Charlton are now in the Championship, I'll still be following the top division.

6:30 p.m. I thought I'll go and watch the Sunderland v Tottenham game. The usually reliable D.P. Cable was showing showjumping, cricket, speedway and highlights of yesterday's sporting day. Four sports channels, no EPL. An hour and a bit later and into the second half and no change.

I'll see what happens at 9:00 but have they just forgotten to change the channels or could it be that True Move, the pay TV official monopoly, made it clear to the cable chanels that they have the exclusive rights to the EPL in Thailand and put their foot down?

I'm in Phuket. Any similar stories from elsewhere?

I'll post if there's Premier League footie later.

sawadee cap madmitch , sorry to say mate but there will be no more football on those channels , only on the true channels.

Though in thai , they do have english commentary and show all the games live :o .

My GF already knew about the disappearance of EPL games, just forgot to tell me.

No more EPL on dodgy cable so it's the local pub with UBC for the foreseeable future.

I would assume that True have bargained upon selling packages to current cable users in their calculations in acquiring Premier League coverage. I should think a number of bar owners will be changing pretty soon.

Not viable for me as I have 27 TVs. (I am not a telly addict of ridiculous proportions; we have 2 guesthouses!)

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is an older thread but although not in Phuket my G/F's area has the cable service which is from Malaysia. The ESPN & Star Sports is exactly the same as last season. All the usual suspects in the studio during the build up & half time, Steve Mcmahon , Masefield, Andrew Lacey et al :o . The down side was that pillock Andy Panders & his childish mates are still around :D

BTW the area is central region of Nakhon Sawan.

I know this is an older thread but although not in Phuket my G/F's area has the cable service which is from Malaysia. The ESPN & Star Sports is exactly the same as last season. All the usual suspects in the studio during the build up & half time, Steve Mcmahon , Masefield, Andrew Lacey et al :o . The down side was that pillock Andy Panders & his childish mates are still around :D

Andy Pandy and his fat malaysian friend are an absolute joke. That surely has to be one of the worst ftball programmes ever made. I know they are trying to emulate the brilliant Soccer AM in style and format, but they have not even gt marginally close. They are up there with Somchai and Sparky in credability. I.E. They have none.

Andy Pandy and his fat malaysian friend are an absolute joke. That surely has to be one of the worst ftball programmes ever made. I know they are trying to emulate the brilliant Soccer AM in style and format, but they have not even gt marginally close. They are up there with Somchai and Sparky in credability. I.E. They have none.

ahh men....although you are a tad biased Mrtoad :D mind you , who wouldn't be with that blonde bit from Torquay hosting the show !! tattoo on arse etc phew !!

ahh men....although you are a tad biased Mrtoad :D mind you , who wouldn't be with that blonde bit from Torquay hosting the show !! tattoo on arse etc phew !!

Of course I'm biased :D But, lets face it, Helen Chamberlain may have a Torquay tatoo on her ass, but she knows more about football than the Aisan Muppet Show, and she's far better looking than than Andy Pandy and the Bungle (Fat Malaysian guy). :D