Whey Protein Bangkok

hiero

Recently moved to chon buri so bangkok is the closest for me to shop and i need to get some whey,

I see lots of threads on here but hardly any definate answers.

Basically I would like to know what the best way i can get hold of protein is, should i buy online from the USA? i've tried a few sites and they don't ship to thailand, so if you know a website that does please tell me.

Ideally if you could give me some addresses of places in bangkok that sell reasonably priced good protein would be great, ideally optimum nutrition stuff would be best for me but whatever, just need to get some fast.

-Tom

nutrition is extremely expensive in thailand

5# whey is 70% less in the US .. until you add 800% more shipping transpacific .. + customs

thai nutrition sources

on line: (in mostly inThai .. free Thai shipping.)

http://shopping.thaimuscle.net/

power zone gym din daeng has ast brand in stock.

http://csmngt.com/pz_directions.htm

power zone gym is same same Venice Beach Gold's in the '70s .. the gym is packed with professional body builders, men & women, weekday mornings after 10 am.

PZ's owner is 5 time Mr. Thailand & 2 time IFBB world champion 80 kg class.

This company ships to Thailand, ive used them twice now and theyve been fine. You have to pay tax which fedex will sort out for you. I payed the FedEx delivery man my tax bill once i recieved the items. Even with the extra tax and the shipping its still half the price you would buy it for here in thailand.

http://wholesalesupplementstore.com/

I went for optimum choc mint because its by far the best tasting protein ive ever had and ive tried a lot of them.

$70 for a 10lb bag and probably add another 50% ontop for tax and shipping

We buy Soy protien powder from Amway in Thailand.

It is around $800-900 baht for a 450g container.

Hiero,

Is there any reason youi prefer Whyey over Soy protien?

Soy is not recommended for males as lowers testosterone. A little in regular food won't hurt but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat it.

Another option, Mission Health Food makes a 100% non-fat milk powder.

One 30 gm serving has

0 gm Fat

10 gm Protein

16 gm Carbs.

A bag is 700 gm so about 23 servings for about B125 from Makkro. Far cheaper than any WPI or WPC in Thailand, but less concentrated protein and more carbs.

It is located in the baby milk powder section. I read through the formulas one day. Some of the other milk powders contain scary stuff. :o

• 8 months later...
Recently moved to chon buri so bangkok is the closest for me to shop and i need to get some whey,

Basically I would like to know what the best way i can get hold of protein is, should i buy online from the USA? i've tried a few sites and they don't ship to thailand, so if you know a website that does please tell me.

Ideally if you could give me some addresses of places in bangkok that sell reasonably priced good protein would be great, ideally optimum nutrition stuff would be best for me but whatever, just need to get some fast.

-Tom

Try www.thaisupplements.com. You can get it in unflavoured in bulk and i heard if you call the office they will give the flavoured stuff to you at wholesale prices - cheaper than the website.

I tried shipping and hand carrying in protein but always ended up paying more than buying it locally. I don't trust the local brands prolus and proflex. The Thai diary industry isn't exactly that good.

Hiero,

Soy is not recommended for males as lowers testosterone. A little in regular food won't hurt but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat it.

One 30 gm serving has

0 gm Fat

10 gm Protein

16 gm Carbs.

A bag is 700 gm so about 23 servings for about B125 from Makkro. Far cheaper than any WPI or WPC in Thailand, but less concentrated protein and more carbs.

It is located in the baby milk powder section. I read through the formulas one day. Some of the other milk powders contain scary stuff. :o

I wouldn't touch that stuff - only 30% protein. May as well eat some chicken - also 30%. Remember - milk protein and whey protein are not the same. Most milk protein goes straight through you whereas whey is easily absorbed.

-Tom

Try www.thaisupplements.com. You can get it in unflavoured in bulk and i heard if you call the office they will give the flavoured stuff to you at wholesale prices - cheaper than the website.

I tried shipping and hand carrying in protein but always ended up paying more than buying it locally. I don't trust the local brands prolus and proflex. The Thai diary industry isn't exactly that good.

please don't mention thaisupplements I have contacted them and the bulk protein they sell is manufactured may 2006 so expired already.If you fancy to share a few kilo of unflavoured instantized whey protein give me a pm.I just got a 20 kg bag from hilmar USA and sell half of it to keep my supply as fresh as possible.Price is 1000 bht/kg and the manufacturing date is 28/10/2007.

-Tom

please don't mention thaisupplements I have contacted them and the bulk protein they sell is manufactured may 2006 so expired already.If you fancy to share a few kilo of unflavoured instantized whey protein give me a pm.I just got a 20 kg bag from hilmar USA and sell half of it to keep my supply as fresh as possible.Price is 1000 bht/kg and the manufacturing date is 28/10/2007.

I just called them and they have new stuff but it is much more expensive. My buddy who bought the old stuff said they promised to allow him to return it if there was anything wrong.

-Tom

I just called them and they have new stuff but it is much more expensive. My buddy who bought the old stuff said they promised to allow him to return it if there was anything wrong.

The fact alone that the date on the bag says May 2006 is enough reason to return it imo.You can not see any signs on the protein itself that it is expired but I guess you also don't buy any products in the supermarket from which the expiry date has passed do you.

-Tom

The fact alone that the date on the bag says May 2006 is enough reason to return it imo.You can not see any signs on the protein itself that it is expired but I guess you also don't buy any products in the supermarket from which the expiry date has passed do you.

Don't mind buying expired stuff at all actually, esp when it is cheaper and I know in advance. I am going for a bag of the Nov 2007 WPC for 14,000 and the 2006 WPI for 12,000. Works out at 650 per kilo average so pretty pleased. Got a couple of mates and we will share it. Will let you know if any of us have any problems with the 2006 WPI.

Hiero,

One 30 gm serving has

0 gm Fat

10 gm Protein

16 gm Carbs.

I wouldn't touch that stuff - only 30% protein. May as well eat some chicken - also 30%. Remember - milk protein and whey protein are not the same. Most milk protein goes straight through you whereas whey is easily absorbed.

I would call it best of a bad situation.

I’m about 95kg at about 10% bodyfat. So I want at least 200 gm of protein per day give or take. More if I was trying to put on size. (I’m sure some smart ass will say it is too much. Hey, it only takes 10mg per day of Vitamin C to prevent scurvy but I would suggest people take significantly more. I’m crazy like that.) That’s what a kilo of chicken per day? Gets old and difficult quick trying to shove that down the gullet daily. The whole point of protein powders and supplements is it is hard to eat enough "real food" for anyone on the go or of even decent size. I’m not prepared to drop 10,000 baht a month to import a decent quality whey protein either.

I mostly drank it post-workout usually with other food to slow digestion so I don't think quick absorption is such a big deal. Again, not optimal. Good whey is superior but milk is a tried and true for decades.

Hiero,

One 30 gm serving has

0 gm Fat

10 gm Protein

16 gm Carbs.

I would call it best of a bad situation.

I'm about 95kg at about 10% bodyfat. So I want at least 200 gm of protein per day give or take. More if I was trying to put on size. (I'm sure some smart ass will say it is too much. Hey, it only takes 10mg per day of Vitamin C to prevent scurvy but I would suggest people take significantly more. I'm crazy like that.) That's what a kilo of chicken per day? Gets old and difficult quick trying to shove that down the gullet daily. The whole point of protein powders and supplements is it is hard to eat enough "real food" for anyone on the go or of even decent size. I'm not prepared to drop 10,000 baht a month to import a decent quality whey protein either.

I mostly drank it post-workout usually with other food to slow digestion so I don't think quick absorption is such a big deal. Again, not optimal. Good whey is superior but milk is a tried and true for decades.

Yeah - I know what you mean about trying to eat tons of chicken every day. Starts to taste like dog food after a while. Anyway, at only 10% body fat you don't have too much to worry about.

Some buddies and I just shared a few bags of 20kg whey from www.thaisupplements.com. Still more expensive than milk powders and food but the big bags of unflavoured, pure whey were 12-15k each so only 600-750 per kg. Doesn't have any flavour so i can mix it up with whatever I like: fruit, yoghurt, milk etc.

• 1 year later...

Tired of the bad whey protein sold in BKK, optimum and GNC brands, I imported some high quality protein. 4 pounds of Nitrotech Hardcore, 64 servings per container, 3600 baht. Its expensive, but still cheaper than GNC. Its more expensive than Optimum Nutrition, but you get what you pay for.

Send a reply if you want to buy. 3600 baht

• 11 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

All bodybuilders dead because of excess protein? :-)

Have you tried PRO FLEX Whey ? Is it any good ?

Thanks.

Never tried it but GNC is far too expensive if you want i can give you a phone nr of someone selling protein. I used to sell it but its just not worth my time anymore.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

All bodybuilders dead because of excess protein? :-)

Have you tried PRO FLEX Whey ? Is it any good ?

Thanks.

I try Optimum whey and Musceltech whey .... from www.wheybkk.com

i prefer usa brands

I bought from www.wheybkk.com , and took delivery on Sunday.

Very good price, and exactly what ordered. Will be using them again, for sure

I am a bit confused about the "meet up at MBK or Central Bangna to save shipping"? Do they have an actual shop or pick up point there - or will one have to know a secret handshake and password, arrive at a certain time, hand over the cash - and obtain 2 canisters of the "good stuff"? :)

The US (online) price is generally in the USD 40-50/5 lb (example: http://www.a1supplements.com/100-Whey-Protein-Gold-5-Lbs.-p-1655.html) so 1800 Baht is actually quite reasonable considering added hassle/shipping/import duties.

Cheers!

I bought from www.wheybkk.com , and took delivery on Sunday.

Very good price, and exactly what ordered. Will be using them again, for sure

• 2 weeks later...

I am a bit confused about the "meet up at MBK or Central Bangna to save shipping"? Do they have an actual shop or pick up point there - or will one have to know a secret handshake and password, arrive at a certain time, hand over the cash - and obtain 2 canisters of the "good stuff"? :)

The US (online) price is generally in the USD 40-50/5 lb (example: http://www.a1supplem...bs.-p-1655.html) so 1800 Baht is actually quite reasonable considering added hassle/shipping/import duties.

Cheers!

visit webstore, than you need to call or email them to arrange a meeting and they will delivery to you what you need.

do you play fitness in bangkok ?

thanks to this post i bought 2 tubs optimum whey protein from wheybkk.com with free delivery at mbk

everything is fine

is very hard to find whey protein bangkok, as i see most of thai people who play fitness they dont eat enough protein, they keep to be slim without a nice muscle mass also after 1 year of jym, i just want to know why do they play fitness if they dont do an high protein diet ... than i see most of them mix machine where to play without reason, from chest to arm to back........... they dont have a culture about it and who teach them dont explain them well ,most of them lose time to go to fitness

This may not be helpful but I've read on this thread some people saying how hard it is to eat real food day in, day out, and I acknowledge that GNC is overpriced slightly whilst ordering online is fraught with tax/import duties etc. Well, my experience is that 10 years ago, I completed 2 cycles of a program called 'Body-for-LIFE' written by Bill Phillips. After publishing MM2K magazine, he then created a supplement company EAS and Body-for-LIFE was a 12-week shape-up challenge which basically plugged the EAS products like creatine and Myoplex, a meal replacement containing a mix of whey, milk and soy protein. These supplements really are money spinners for the companies; completing 2 cycles cost me a fortune in supplements. Then, about 7 years ago I discovered a really common-sense approach called 'MuscleNOW' where the author really dispels lots of the myths around supplements (and training in general). It's worth reading the website and maybe buying the book, as the author really has a decent approach which gets results and points out the truth that supplements aren't better than whole food, simply more convenient - despite what all the adverts say about whey's Biological value etc. A movie called 'Bigger, Stronger, Faster' has also explored how fraudulent and profit-driven supplement companies are.

thanks to this post i bought 2 tubs optimum whey protein from wheybkk.com with free delivery at mbk

everything is fine

is very hard to find whey protein bangkok, as i see most of thai people who play fitness they dont eat enough protein, they keep to be slim without a nice muscle mass also after 1 year of jym, i just want to know why do they play fitness if they dont do an high protein diet ... than i see most of them mix machine where to play without reason, from chest to arm to back........... they dont have a culture about it and who teach them dont explain them well ,most of them lose time to go to fitness

I love ON thanks.