Whey Protein Bangkok

hiero

Is there a shop IN Bangkok that stocks a full range of stuff? All I see is online shops and few bits and bobs at local pharmacies.

There's GNC, but the selection is limited and the prices are extreme.

What's wrong with using the online shops ? The prices are reasonable (especially when compared to GNC or Musashi), and most places usually have

a very good selection. Actually, the only drawback I could foresee would be having to wait a day or two before the order arrives. Hardly a major problem

• 1 month later...

FDA in Thailand is not so facilitating; that's why there is so few legitimate brands in Thailand.

But if you are willing to buy online, there are numerous brands available.

Do a search on Horleys Thailand. It is WPI from New Zealand. I am using it now - very pure protein.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if wheybkk.com is still operational? Their site seems to be underconstruction and no reply from their email.

Ive recently bought a 2lb tub of Dymatize for 800b from iherb, but if i can avoid the long wait for only a little bit more id be happy.

Does anyone know if wheybkk.com is still operational? Their site seems to be underconstruction and no reply from their email.

Ive recently bought a 2lb tub of Dymatize for 800b from iherb, but if i can avoid the long wait for only a little bit more id be happy.

I'm in exactly the same position as yourself. The next best (cheapest) option is www.Fitwhey.com. I've used them, and they deliver the day after the order's received.

• 3 months later...

you can find whey protein concentrate 80% protein from hilmar (usa) at club-protein.com

price is 750 THB for 1 kilo

If you prefer soy protein isolate 90%, it is 350THB for 1 kilo

delivery is free

is very hard to find whey protein bangkok, as i see most of thai people who play fitness they dont eat enough protein, they keep to be slim without a nice muscle mass also after 1 year of jym, i just want to know why do they play fitness if they dont do an high protein diet ... than i see most of them mix machine where to play without reason, from chest to arm to back........... they dont have a culture about it and who teach them dont explain them well ,most of them lose time to go to fitness

I doubt protein is the limiting factor for most Thais at the gym. The limiting factor is genetics and the way they play. If they stopped playing and did some serious training they could start getting results. A 140lb Thai person doesn't need a lot of protein. Protein does not stimulate muscle growth. If you know what you're doing you can grow muscle on a vegetarian diet, as long as you're getting the 8 essential amino acids. Take a look at what gorillas can achieve from eating leaves.

you can find whey protein concentrate 80% protein from hilmar (usa) at club-protein.com

delivery is free

Many thanks for the link. This is exactly what I was looking for - unflavoured, natural WPC.

Finally I can buy 1kg batches of WPC without having to fork out for 20kg at a time.

Just have to find out if the WPC is Hilmar8000 or Hilmar8010 before I put in an order.

You've got to love their home page: "High quality protein for Mens and Womens"

delivery is free

Many thanks for the link. This is exactly what I was looking for - unflavoured, natural WPC.

Finally I can buy 1kg batches of WPC without having to fork out for 20kg at a time.

Just have to find out if the WPC is Hilmar8000 or Hilmar8010 before I put in an order.

I like those prices.. and i dont care what flavor my whey is. Tropo what is the difference between hilmar8000 and 8010. Please enlighten me.

delivery is free

I like those prices.. and i dont care what flavor my whey is. Tropo what is the difference between hilmar8000 and 8010. Please enlighten me.

These are 2 of the WPC products produced by Hilmar Ingredients in the US. http://www.hilmaring...duct_Bulletins/

Hilmar 8010 is instantized for easy mixing, Hilmar 8000 is not.

I found out that the supplier sells the Hilmar 8010. I've ordered 4kg.

Surprisingly I decided a few days ago to change back from WPI to WPC and now here we are, presented with a supplier right here in Thailand. It's not easy to find unflavoured whey protein and I've always had to buy it in 20kg batches for the same price.

I've really got to commend this supplier for being totally up front with his source in the US. He even has a link on his website to the manufacturers full product ingredients breakdown. There's not many flavoured protein manufacturers that indicate where they get their raw protein from. Most of them don't even bother to give a whey protein percentage and you have to work it out for yourself - (probably because most WPC formulas fall well short of 82%). They just hide it behind silly numbers such as 24 g of protein per 33 g serve - which in this example would be 72.7%.

Edited by tropo

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the advise on Club-protein.com. Fair price and no fillers/artificial sweeteners Etc. Saves me the hassle of ordering the HUGE 20 kg bags, and coordinate sharing like I had to do before.

Will order myself 4 kg now.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

club-protei is soy protein and is no brand name also, i am not sure if this protein is approved by thai fda...

They have 2 kinds of protein soy is one of them the other is not. They are great fast delivery.. but they have upped their prices a bit (50-100 bt not sure i forgot) anyway i keep on ordering with them as the prices are nice and you can have it home the next day.

guixtanda registers on the forum today and post in 4 topics exclusively about protein powder at 2 minutes interval.... well why not whistling.gif .

To be clear, club-protein currently sells 2 products : WPC and soy isolate.

Whey protein concentrate (80% proteins minimum) is labelled with the place of origin (actually swapped this month from Hilmar supplier to Agri-mark usa for shortage reason) and price starts at 750 THB/Kg. Secondly yep, the website offers also soy protein isolate for people that have dairy allergy but still want a reliable protein source.