Corrupted Jpegs

Taijitu

I'm certain that my problem has been discussed previously on the Forum and I apologise for raising it again.

I have a huge number of photographs of my daughter since she was born but four of these photographs will not open. They were all saved as JPEGs but these four seem to have been corrupted. I have tried many Image Viewers without success.

Does anyone know how I can retrieve these four photos using "free" photo recovery software and what "free" software would be recommended? As I said there are only four photographs that are the problem.

I'm grateful for any advice. Thank you very much indeed. :o

Do the size of the jpeg files look norm, is there really any data to recover? Sometimes they will be empty. If most views won't open them it is going to be a long shot to get anything worth keeping, But I will keep an ear to the ground having such a Util. could be handy.

You could try these demos at least you would find out if the pic are worth saving.

http://www.officerecovery.com/pixrecovery/ free demo may take care of one or two

http://www.hketech.com/JPEG-recovery/ another free trail

Thank you...I've tried the "Pixrecovery" free demo and it works fine but the demo leaves a large black rectangle in the centre of photo. This black rectangle can be removed but I would have to buy the full version of the wto do this. This would cost me US$149 which is expensive for only 5 photographs.

Now I'll try the "JPEG Recovery" demo software....I'll keep you posted. Thanks again.

Do the size of the jpeg files look norm, is there really any data to recover? Sometimes they will be empty. If most views won't open them it is going to be a long shot to get anything worth keeping, But I will keep an ear to the ground having such a Util. could be handy.

Yes...the file sizes look normal and the file extensions are listed but they are not recognised by any of my Image Viewing software.

If the pixrecover looks like it can save them and the file sizes are right, then its just a matter of finding another program that works and is free or a lest cheap. At lest you now know there is useful data in the jpeg files. If I see a program I l try the rem. this post.

If the pixrecover looks like it can save them and the file sizes are right, then its just a matter of finding another program that works and is free or a least cheap. At lest you now know there is useful data in the jpeg files. If I see a program I l try to rem. this post.

I'm obliged RKASA...thank you very much