Have You Seen This Face?

roietjimmy

The PC pictured (Acer Aspire - Pentium 4 CPU, 2.00 GHz) was purchased new in 2002 at IT City (Panthip Plaza). All documentation has been lost. I have looked everywhere on the PC for something that identifies the Model Number but none to be found. Would greatly appreciate some help in identifying the Model so I can do some research on how/if I can upgrade the USB 1.0 to 2.0.

post-48528-1186897824_thumb.jpg

Simplest way would be to buy a USB 2 PCI card which you install into a slot. Disadvantage is the ports will be at the rear of the system.

Regards

My thoughts exactly "should be simp". The PC has 2 USB ports in the back and 2 in front. I did purchase a USB 2.0 PCI card and tried to install. When Windows hardware installer did its thing I got a message "insufficent system resources or conflict". The existing USB 1.0 Host Controllers are Intel 8020 1BA BAM USB Host Controller - 2442 and Intel 8020 1BA BAM USB Host Controller - 2444. They are integrated on the motherboard (no PCI Card) so could be why I cannot get the USB 2.0 card to work? If I can get the model number, think I can get this sorted via tech forums on internet.

Just go into the bios at boot time and disable the usb ports. Upon reboot the new ports should be discovered and installed. All else fails, delete all usb from device manager, make sure motherboard usb is disabled and reboot. All should be ok.

Just go into the bios at boot time and disable the usb ports. Upon reboot the new ports should be discovered and installed. All else fails, delete all usb from device manager, make sure motherboard usb is disabled and reboot. All should be ok.

Thanks, Good stuff! Will give it a try. Will follow with post on how to recover a screwed up bios. Hey I'm an old guy and changing the bios is a scary proposition.