Toyota Avanza

I have been very interested in purchasing an Avanza. A Toyota sales rep indicated the Toyota Avanza will be discontinued, and is only available now on special order -- which takes at least a month to fill. Vios was recommended, as an alternative, since the resale value is better (one reason: because of not being discontinued). Clearly it is not a positive when your car is being discontinued. Salesman said parts would then need to be special ordered from Indonesia. First time I heard this. Does anyone else know about the Avanza being discontinued?

Not discontinued, but it seems that they are getting a major re-design.

A Toyota dealer has a display in our local shopping mall, and I had a look at a new one yesterday. The biggest difference I noticed was a 1.5 litre engine, as I was believing they were 1.3 previously. Once we were out in the parking lot, there was a current model parked next to us. The new model is definitely larger also. three rows of seats for 6-7 people, and the two rear rows cleverly fold up to allow a generous carrying space.

The top spec "S" model was priced at 689 K, which seemed pretty good to me. The GF has been hinting about a new car (and she is right to... her car is getting old and needing a lot of stuff.), so there just might be one of these in our family soon.

They were 1.3 litre engine before. Now they are at 1.5 litre. But I'm concerned the car may not continue production next year.

Just buy a Daihatsu Xenia - thats what it is ...with a Toyota badge on it.

Drives like a Daihatsu too...i wouldn't be surprised if it was discontinued .

They were 1.3 litre engine before. Now they are at 1.5 litre. But I'm concerned the car may not continue production next year.

Looking into it, but is a Diahatsu only sold in Indonedia?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...