My Phuket Magazine Launched

george

My Phuket Magazine launched

post-128-1186911973.jpg

Today is the web-launch of our new magazine, My Phuket, the result of months of blood, sweat and tears (well, sweat, anyway).

We are proud to present our latest creation, the English magazine My Phuket. My Phuket is an informative magazine that aims to entertain visitors to Phuket as well as local residents.

My Phuket is not just another tourist magazine carrying stories about advertisers. It is aimed, above all, at engaging the reader with accurate, timely information and entertainment, along with superior photography and accessible design to make a relaxed, good-humoured package. People want to be entertained while they are on holiday; this is what we will deliver.

Alasdair Forbes, former Managing Editor of the Phuket Gazette, is the Editor-in-Chief of My Phuket. He has lived and worked in Phuket for more than eight years and has been in journalism his whole working life. With Alasdair on our team we are convinced that My Phuket will enjoy both success and a wide readership.

Origo Publishing has made an exclusive distribution deal with Thaivisa.com to distribute the the magazine on the internet. Each issue of My Phuket will be available for download from Thaivisa.com as PDF files. The paper edition of My Phuket will be released on Friday August 17, 2007.

DOWNLOAD:

-->> Download here!

(File size 22.39 Mb)

Problem downloading?

Go to our support forum if you have problems with the download:

If you don't have Adobe Reader, download it here.

Please post your comments here!

A very good read especially the article about driving in Phuket. The only thing I could add is that Traffic lights are often ignored if the police are not around especially for the motorcycles.

I have lived here for a while now and nothing surprises me anymore except I do feel shocked to see the police allow motorcycles with 4 x personnel on board, usually the father, mother and 2 x children.

Very nice format indeed. One thing though - you have the price at 100Bath. Shouldn't it be Baht? :o

Good luck for the future with this publication too.

Thanks, and glad you liked it.

The cover above is actually not the real one, it was a dummy. If you download it you will see the proper cover, and yes, it says baht. :D

/Michael

I do feel shocked to see the police allow motorcycles with 4 x personnel on board, usually the father, mother and 2 x children.

Some 30 years ago my own -watching-record was 7 people on ONE Motobike....speeding like H_ll..... :D:o but I'm convinced that's not the absolute record in LOS.

Holy Moly!

LaoPo

:o

Absolutely marvelous lay-out, beautiful photography, easy to read and comfortable to the eyes.

This will be a huge success!

Congratulations :D

LaoPo

Thanks for the vote of confidence, and from all you other ladies/gents too. See some of you on Friday. Just look out for the guy who looks like the avatar.

Alasdair

It's OK. The piece about driving was amusing. But somewhere it says you shouldn't go swimming from May to October and elsewhere that, when in Patong, you should shop only at Jungceylon. Both are ridiculous.

I recently lost a friend due to swimming during the monsoon. So I do not consider this is a ridiculous statement.

Regarding Jungceylon, I think you refer to page 25. That was merely a cynic statement about street hawkers. :o

Great! Now I'm REALLY homesick! I'm still stuck in the US for another month.

I do similar things in Samui, sometimes successful, sometimes not. I've seen a million publications come and go, but yours is visually the most solid, almost a textbook on magazine design! Very inspiring! I hope it is a big success!

Edited by Totster
URL's removed

Good idea and all the best of luck for the future. I am looking forwards to getting a copy at the launch/T.V. party on Friday.

How often will the magazine be published?

Edited by markg

Good idea and all the best of luck for the future. I am looking forwards to getting a copy at the launch/T.V. party on Friday.

How often will the magazine be published?

Initially we go for 6 issues per year, bi-monthly. If proven successful and we can sell enough ads, we might go monthly. :o

My Phuket Magazine launched

post-128-1186911973.jpg

Today is the web-launch of our new magazine, My Phuket, the result of months of blood, sweat and tears (well, sweat, anyway).

We are proud to present our latest creation, the English magazine My Phuket. My Phuket is an informative magazine that aims to entertain visitors to Phuket as well as local residents.

My Phuket is not just another tourist magazine carrying stories about advertisers. It is aimed, above all, at engaging the reader with accurate, timely information and entertainment, along with superior photography and accessible design to make a relaxed, good-humoured package. People want to be entertained while they are on holiday; this is what we will deliver.

Alasdair Forbes, former Managing Editor of the Phuket Gazette, is the Editor-in-Chief of My Phuket. He has lived and worked in Phuket for more than eight years and has been in journalism his whole working life. With Alasdair on our team we are convinced that My Phuket will enjoy both success and a wide readership.

Origo Publishing has made an exclusive distribution deal with Thaivisa.com to distribute the the magazine on the internet. Each issue of My Phuket will be available for download from Thaivisa.com as PDF files. The paper edition of My Phuket will be released on Friday August 17, 2007.

DOWNLOAD:

-->> Download here!

(File size 22.39 Mb)

Problem downloading?

Go to our support forum if you have problems with the download:

If you don't have Adobe Reader, download it here.

Please post your comments here!

Obviously a lot of work and effort put into it. The magazine is well laid out and looks quite professional.

I would definately buy it. and at 100 Baht i think it's a good deal..

Keep up the good work. I think there is definate potential here.

excellent idea.

Obviously a lot of work and effort put into it. The magazine is well laid out and looks quite professional.

I would definately buy it. and at 100 Baht i think it's a good deal..

Keep up the good work. I think there is definate potential here.

excellent idea.

"Quite professional?" How abour "incredibly professional", "a joy to behold", "the sun rises out of its rear end" etc etc?

But I like the idea that you'd buy it. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Alasdair

Regarding circulation auditing (which is something I know a bit about) The Bangkok Post is the only newspaper here with an independently audited circulation. There is one magazine - Logistics Manager - which is also audtied but this is a free-distribution title and is not publically available.

My company has just launched BusinessWeek Thailand - a Thai language monthly edition of BusinessWeek magazine - and we will be the first magazine with an independent audit that is widely available through the news trade. Believe me it is both costly,time-consuming and very difficult to achieve.

The benefits come entirely from advertising - and if you're dealing with the global media agencies then they generally understand the benefits of being audited. I personally think that auditing will become mandatory here in the next five years as more agencies demand honesty and value for money from their advertising.

Good luck to your new magazine - it's tough as all of those in the media know only too well but if you have a quality product and can establish it quickly then you'll succeed.

hey, just what Phuket needs, another magazine....

Nobody noticied that the map of Patong has Kamala at the wrong end >>hehehehhe

appears to me it is geared to the tourist.

Good luck with it.

The map-snafu was discovered in the last minute. We submitted the corrected files to the printer and hope it will come out correct in the printed version.

Yub, its tourist oriented with a local flavor. Phuket is, after all, a tourist destination. Give us a few issues to grow, and you will see we are not just "another magazine". :o

Just curious as to why your going up against John at Phuket magazine?

Nothing against new magazines but after living here for over 20 years it just seem that it is getting to be overkill.

I don't think we are going up against anybody. We have the greatest respect for Phuket Magazine, its a good and well established magazine. There is however a void in the middle market. With 5 million arrivals per year, I think there is room for another magazine.

By overkill, I assume you are referring to all the maps, guides, pamplets and all sorts of flyers that are circulating on the island. They are just that, we are doing a magazine. Apples and pears.

I thought it was great, Congrat's.

Opened the eyes of a few in the office here, with their predetermined ideas about Thailand.

Bu**ered up the printer though!!!!

Looking forward to Friday night.

I noticied bikes with 4 riders alot during the day it is 24 year old mother with 2 yr old in front of her on small seat attached to the dash, then one 6 year old behind and grandma on back, then she is on the CELL PHONE TALKING ,

riding with one hand at the same time. I love it. Just like in USA, women canot drive unless they get on the phone.

I wont let my 110 lb wife wave her arms around when riding behind me, I am all over the road, I thought I was good. haha Dont get cops involved, let Thialand be free. not like US. farmerfloyd from florida