The National Lottery

P O Box 1010

Liverpool, L70 1NL

UNITED KINGDOM

(Customer Services)

Date: 6th August 2007

WINNING NOTIFICATION

Dear Winner,

We happily announce to you the draw (****) of the UK NATIONAL LOTTERY, online Sweepstakes International program held 1st November 2006.Your e-mail address attached to ticket number: *********** with Serial number ******** drew the lucky numbers:

Winning NumbersBreakdown Bonus Ball

Bonus Ball [38] which subsequently won you the lottery in the 2nd category i.e match 5 plus bonus. You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of ฃ250,000 (Two hundred and fifty thousand pounds sterlings) in cash credited to file ************

This is from a total cash prize of ฃ1,000,000.00 shared among the first four (4) lucky winners in this category i.e Match 5 plus bonus. All participants for the online version were selected randomly from World Wide Web sites through computer draw system and extracted from over 100,000 union, associations and corporate bodies that are listed online. This promotion take place yearly.

Please note that your lucky winning number falls within our European booklet representative office in Europe as indicated in your play coupon. In view of this, your ฃ250,000 (Two hundred and fifty thousand pounds sterlings) would be released to you in any of our payment offices in Europe.

Our European agent will immediately commence the process to facilitate the release of your funds as soon as you contact him.

For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential until your claim is processed and your money remitted to you in whatever manner you deem fit to claim your prize.

This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program.

Please be warned. To file for your claim, please contact our claims agent:

Our European agents will immediately commence the process to facilitate the release of your funds as soon as you contact him. You may wish to establish contact via e-mail with the particulars presented above citing the batch and reference numbers to this letter.

Our winners are assured of the utmost standards of confidentiality, and press anonymity until the end of proceedings, and beyond where they so desire. Be further advised to maintain the strictest level of confidentiality until the end of proceedings to circumvent problems associated with fraudulent claims. This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program.

Goodluck from members & staff of the UK NATIONAL LOTTERY.

Yours faithfully,

CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and prohibited from unauthorized disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Copyright ฉ 2007 The UK National Lottery Inc.

All rights reserved. Terms of Service - Guidelines.

Did you buy a ticket?

I've heard it said that "if you don't buy a ticket, you can't win."

I've seen many "UK lottery" emails going around Thailand in the last few months. This one looks nicer than the others I've seen, but if you consider basic gambling / lottery laws. You can't buy a UK lottery ticket from Thailand (or anywhere outside the UK) if you're not a resident. It's illegal, they don't have the gaming concession for any other country. So, why / how could they pay you?

Euromillions is an agreement between those participating countries.

An "International" program could not be legal without the involvement of every country to ratify it. Thus it my analysis it must be bogus.

Ignoring the above, experience tells us that this originates in Nigeria...

I get these all the time. Just search the keywords on gargle or yoohoo, you will see.

It is a scam, they just ask you for money later to get "In the game". End of story.

I just posted, this last minute, another scam query. About mobile phone users getting calls telling them they have won money.

Lots of scams.

Camelot do not get in touch with anyone, via phone or e-mail, if you are a winner, it is up to you to check your numbers, on line or going into a lottery retailer, why do you think they have so many unclaimed millions sat in there account, i am a camelot agent, i win every week, my commision :o , so i can varify this is a scam, bet you its the bl........ Nigerians, thats who normally send this crap

Edited by Thaicoon

lol they said you won it .. but then they required you to send a fee of $$$ thru western union for the administration fee .. This is a scam its all about 419 Advance money fraud

Edited by tytus

I had the exact one, i emailed them back and said thankyou ,but i have more money than i could ever spend in my lifetime and to please donate it for me to the battersea dogs home !

Well done, you're now on every spammers list out there as a 'responder'.

lol they said you won it .. but then they required you to send a fee of $$$ thru western union for the administration fee .. This is a scam its all about 419 Advance money fraud

the winning lottery tickets if not claimed within 6 months of the draw are null and void ,as this was for november 06 even if you won its too late to claim :o

I had the exact one, i emailed them back and said thankyou ,but i have more money than i could ever spend in my lifetime and to please donate it for me to the battersea dogs home !

Yeah, I just made that mistake as well. :o - received loads more this week, after writing back to arrange a ficticious meeting, including the one announcing I've won £500,000 from Yahoo's secret monthly draw. Got quite excited til I realised the address the email was sent from was a Hotmail account, which is a bit of a giveaway...

I have a Brit friend who got a similar scam from "The National Lottery". I told him it was a scam but he wasn't so sure. He has no Internet connection so I played their game for a while. To make a long story short they wanted a courier fee to deliver his check. I told them there was no need to send a courier because he would pick up the check himself. They replied that the courier already had the check. If I remember right it was well over a thousand British pounds because the check had to be delivered to Thailand. I played the game for about a month before they finally gave up.

Short answer, the National Lottery {aka tax on fools} in the UK is run by Camelot plc.

Why do you say that. I sometimes put a couple of £'s on it and don't consider myself a fool. Upto me if i want a little flutter.

Do the maths.

Regards

I don't need to do the math, i know it is a tax and i know the odds of winning but what i object to is you calling people who have a little flutter, a "fool".

Are you saying that you never gamble on anything and never pay tax, so you are not a fool? Do you have a pension? Cos that is gambling on the stock market, of which most people let "fund managers" do the gambling for them. With one of their biggest investments and form of future income.

We nearly all, nay strike that, i will say ALL, gamble in one form or another and we ALL pay tax in one form or another. So that makes us ALL fools in your books eh?

Regards!

Great ! i dont get a lot of emails :o

Short answer, the National Lottery {aka tax on fools} in the UK is run by Camelot plc.

Why do you say that. I sometimes put a couple of £'s on it and don't consider myself a fool. Upto me if i want a little flutter.

Do the maths.

Regards

I don't need to do the math, i know it is a tax and i know the odds of winning but what i object to is you calling people who have a little flutter, a "fool".

Are you saying that you never gamble on anything and never pay tax, so you are not a fool? Do you have a pension? Cos that is gambling on the stock market, of which most people let "fund managers" do the gambling for them. With one of their biggest investments and form of future income.

We nearly all, nay strike that, i will say ALL, gamble in one form or another and we ALL pay tax in one form or another. So that makes us ALL fools in your books eh?

Regards!

Calling International Rescue.

post-33892-1187018742_thumb.jpg

As Thunderbird 1 raises on a column of fire skyward, Jeff Tracy, informs his son Scott of the mission.

post-33892-1187018848_thumb.jpg

Rattle to pram disconnect.

FAB

By the by you are conflating things you clearly don't understand.

Regards

PS My opinion does not just stand it is reinforced.

Do the maths.

Regards

I'm doing the maths, can't think of aboslutely anything else you could put a pound into and have the chance of having millions of pounds as little as two hours later.

Australia's hitting back at these scams :o

Refunds for lottery scam victims: ACCC

Tuesday Aug 14 08:37 AEST

More than $300,000 will be returned to Australian victims of 37 North American-based scams, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) says.

The ACCC and Queensland Police along with help from the Competition Bureau Canada, have frozen the funds gathered under a mass mail-out to consumers in Australia, ACCC Chairman Graeme Samuel said.

The scams involved consumers being sent letters which told them they were about to receive a huge and unexpected win or prize as a result of a lottery, sweepstake, award or other unclaimed funds.

Sometimes the scammers told the recipient they were "specially selected" and then asked for the payment of a fee before the win or prize could be paid.

"We managed to freeze $316,000 of funds that arose out of 37 of these scams, mainly based in Northern America," Mr Samuel told the Nine Network.

Continued here http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=69910