Bkk To Buenos Aires

eek

:o yeh its pretty bad from what i can see. Even with airfrance.

Wanna spend xmas with family. Think its going to cost me a bomb.

If anyone does know of a possible cheaper airline option then plsss post. ..

Eek, you might consider doing something creative with Varig, the Brazilian airline. They fly very cheap to Frankfurt. Then, try to find a cheap flight to BA. At the same time, you should be able to pick up something cheap to Frankfurt from Bangkok. You may have to piece your deal together yourself.

I think that Malaysia airlines still has a direct flight from KL through Jo'burg/Capetown all the way to BA. You have to do the connecting leg to KL, but it might be worth checking out with an agent that is well-connected with Malaysia Airlines what the best deal with them might be all the way from Bangkok. I guess that lack of competition on this direct route would work against low fares, but maybe still worth checking.

Alternatively you can fly to South Africa via Thai Airways and then either Iberia or AA (Aerolineas Argentinas) from SA.

Another route is THai to Madrid and then Varig, AeroArg to Sao Paolo then jump ship with flight from SP to BA.

I need to go to Paraguay to retrieve my dad's body, one day. sigh. Not looking forward to flight or retrieval.

I think that Malaysia airlines still has a direct flight from KL through Jo'burg/Capetown all the way to BA. You have to do the connecting leg to KL, but it might be worth checking out with an agent that is well-connected with Malaysia Airlines what the best deal with them might be all the way from Bangkok. I guess that lack of competition on this direct route would work against low fares, but maybe still worth checking.

yes they still fly, and its usually cheaper than flying through Europe or US. good connections as well, u just have to transfer at KL and then direct flight with stop in South Africa.

as has been mentioned before, there are no cheap fares available to south-America due to a shortage of flights to this region....

Can someone post what fare with tax might be from KL to Buenos Aires?

Published return fares in THB excluding tax:

CX FARE FARE C AP MIN/ SEASONS...... MR GI DT

THB BASIS MAX

1 BA 54000R SLSS1YTH S | 15AUG -30JUN R AT

2 AZ 58550R VAPTH V 7| 7/1M M AT

3 AF 58550R VAPTH4 V | 7/1M M AT

4 BA 60000R LLSS1YTH L | 15AUG -30JUN R AT

5 AA 62705R LLPX1M L 2 10/1M 11AUG -10DEC M AT

6 RG 65745R VLPX1MA V 10/1M 09AUG -09DEC M SA

7 BA 69000R MLSS1YTH M | 15AUG -30JUN R AT

8 RG 69205R QLPX1MA Q 10/1M 09AUG -09DEC M SA

9 AA 70020R HLEE6M1 H 10/6M 11AUG -10DEC M AT

Tax would be around 12000 - 14000 THB.

Eek, you might consider doing something creative with Varig, the Brazilian airline. They fly very cheap to Frankfurt. Then, try to find a cheap flight to BA. At the same time, you should be able to pick up something cheap to Frankfurt from Bangkok. You may have to piece your deal together yourself.

VARIG has recently gone bust, out of the STAR alliane and then recame under a slightly other name,. i also think they dont fly anymore to EUR anyway.

for your Q+ best is most likely to break somewhere in Europe, I would say Italy± as there are so many ARG migrants from there. and IT has lower fares to reach ex BKK as Spain, the obvious choice. scan the usual sites like ebookers, skyscanner, opodo, for trips atrting somwhere in Europe, and dont forget± from 15-12 till 10-1 or so is MAIN high peak season, try to go before. After that it should not be too hard to find another tcket-return ex BKK to that place to connect.

the other way is via USA-west coast, also with 2 tickets, but perhaps you need visa for uncle sam?

Varig does still fly to Europe; there are daily flights Frankfurt - SP (Sao Paulo). They are not expensive also. I flew Lufthansa Frankfurt - SP, affordable rates. You should one of these options, then catch a discounted flight to BA from SP.

Well 50K plus tax would be what, 80K?

I figured a way you could beat that.

Find the cheapest flight to San Francisco. Buy a RT to Buenos Aires from a Bangkok bucket shop type place and from SFO using a site like sidestep.com. Of course people with any visa issues can't transit through the US.

In any case, such a trip lends itself to a long stopover and doing at least two destinations. Europe or the US.

Edited by Jingthing