Lost Usb Lead For My Camera

spot

This is something I'm a bit clueless about.

I've got a card in the camera it's a Lexar 256MB SD card. It's got nothing special on it now, but I'll soon be taking lots of pictures of my newborn son who's due any day.

Is the card reader just a little box with USB connection?

Thanks for your help.

spot

Yes. I bought one for 300 baht that takes an incredible number of card types. SD, MMC, CF, Sony Sticks, etc. Very tiny with a USB cable on it, about 5cm X 5cm square. Automatically detects the card same as a USB Flash drive.

This is something I'm a bit clueless about.

I've got a card in the camera it's a Lexar 256MB SD card. It's got nothing special on it now, but I'll soon be taking lots of pictures of my newborn son who's due any day.

Thanks for your help.

spot

The readers are very cheap and just plug into your usb port. Many printers have them built in nowadays. SD memory is also very cheap at the moment so if you are going to be taking a lot of pics at high res, then it may be worth getting a larger card as well (2gb card should do)

The readers are very cheap and just plug into your usb port. Many printers have them built in nowadays. SD memory is also very cheap at the moment so if you are going to be taking a lot of pics at high res, then it may be worth getting a larger card as well (2gb card should do)

Do you know if any of the card readers is capable of deleting the images on your card after transferring to a computer??

Thanks.

Do you know if any of the card readers is capable of deleting the images on your card after transferring to a computer??

Thanks.

the apacer internal card reader i have will delete photo's if requested

Thanks.

Sure -- the memory card should show up as another device (like a hard drive would) when you explore "My Computer". From there, you can copy, delete, etc...all the thing you can do with the files on a hard drive.