Bangkok - Singapore

JimmyTheMook

The planes are old as the hills, the seats have the spacing and pitch completely unsuited to anyone over 5 feet tall, and they have lots of hidden charges you don't realize until you finish your online payment.

Tiger is a wonderful low cost alternative as are many others.

The planes are old as the hills, the seats have the spacing and pitch completely unsuited to anyone over 5 feet tall, and they have lots of hidden charges you don't realize until you finish your online payment.

Tiger is a wonderful low cost alternative as are many others.

Tiger is the same as Air Asia when it comes to concealing hidden charges. For example, the hefty Baht700 BKK airport tax is NOT included in Tiger's fare until you check-in at the airport.

The most honest of the three budget carriers is Jetstar Asia (Australians). No hidden charges. Fairdinkum!

I have used it for personla flights up for the weekend etc - its fine for that but pay the money for express boarding then you get your choice of seats - the Thai's and the Chinese will not fork out the extra.

The queue to check in can be a bloody nightmare as many are overweight and rather than pay a couple of hundred THB they unpack hold luggage and put it in hand baggage at front of queue - i have told check in staff to send them out of the queue to do this then they would not have long queues through it.

I was due to fly back last Saturday on Air Asia but wanted to watch the footie in BKK so missed my flight and booked another on swiss for the Sunday - not one economy seat left on the sunday on any airline so it had to be Biz Class on Swiss - a 1 year open ticket for 16500THB - a bargain.

Even for economy look at Swiss - a lot of people use them and they sell very cheap as the route is not used much

Being a lowcost carrier I am happy using their services to Singapore as well as other destinations. I get a good price and service in accordance with what I expect. So don´t listen too much to those complaining about everything. Too often they know very little about a lot - but love to express their opinions.

Edited by tominchaam

has anyone used this service and care to comment about it?

Hi i have just got back from a long weekend in singapore and for the first time i use tiger air. The service is similar to air asia, 15kg luggage alowance etc but the great thing is that they land at the "budget terminal" in singapore and this is a lot quieter than the noraml terminal. So a very quick service for the luggage and also on the return part of my journey there were no queues for the passport control and for the tax refund section which can take forever in the other terminal took only mins as we were the only people there. The duty free section is very small but after shopping in singapore for 4 days it does not really matter.

Stephen

Can anyone confirm if the Bangkok airport tax is included in the ticket price with the low-cost carriers? I'm going to fly from Singapore to Bangkok and I'm comparing prices online.

Ticket price included airport tax the last time I fly with them. Now tiger airways are having special promotion at 25 baht from bangkok to singapore. Flight offer are from Sep to Nov and have to book between 13 Aug to 19 Aug 2007. Try your luck.

Edited by Thaising

Can anyone confirm if the Bangkok airport tax is included in the ticket price with the low-cost carriers? I'm going to fly from Singapore to Bangkok and I'm comparing prices online.

Hi

I have just been to singapore with tiger airways from Phuket and there was no extra taxes in the airport either end.

Stephen

Hi

I have just been to singapore with tiger airways from Phuket and there was no extra taxes in the airport either end.

Stephen

I can confirm that for Air Asia, Singapore Air, Thai Air, Swiss Air who I have used recently - no taxes to pay at any airport.

I've flown to Singers (Singapore) via Thai Airways and AirAsia. That last flight via AirAsia (5 months ago) scared the shites out of me. We were hitting too many air pockets, way way way too many. Of course, I know it isn't the airline's fault really, but I am determined to avoid AirAsia for awhile. :o

I notice that Air Asia now have a system of paying extra for express boarding. Does that entitle you to board the plane pick your seat BEFORE Monks Military and Pensioners

I dunno about those as they have not been on my flight but it does get you ahead of the families with kids etc - on a Singapore flight that is quite important as is the fact to get on first before all other passengers as they will queue up right away to be first - the kiasu affect.

My flight yesterday was delayed by two and a half hours.

Apart from that I havent had any problems over the last 6 or 7 times I have flown Air Asia on this route

I have never had problems except for the bloody queues with all the Singaporeans frantically unpacking and re-packing bags to avoid any extra expense :o

Do you go to Golden Mile in Singapore. I have only ever been once on a night but sometimes pop along for lunch.

I notice that Air Asia now have a system of paying extra for express boarding. Does that entitle you to board the plane pick your seat BEFORE Monks Military and Pensioners

This is quite funny in BKK; as ALL AirAsia is done by bussing, the only thing you gain is first on that crappy old BUS! But its TOGether, with the favored groups actually.

In fact I did not realise they now consider me 'pensioner'' untill I read that somewhere, I really dont understand a thing of that mad rush anyway, I have no need to be first off the plane.

Did SIn-BKK on AA some 6 weeks ago, very quiet midweek/wednesday, plane maybe 40% full, many singles had all 3 seats to their own, very quick boarding in SIN, Term. there was also dead-quiet, arr in BKK was some 10 mins EARLY - but the bus had to be summoned up and was still busy with another plane- so nothing gained on coming in the terminal at swampy.