Englishman And Three Thai Friends In Luck Escape As Speedboat Sinks In Pattaya Bay

mcd

15_08_1_2.jpg

A lucky escape now from the waters off Pattaya Bay involving an English Resident of Pattaya and his speedboat which sunk on its way to Larn Island. Sea Rescue Units were scrambled on Wednesday Morning after fishing boats spotted the man frantically waving his arms and requesting assistance as his speed boat began to take on water.

The boat owner, Mr. Stephen John Heaven aged 50, an Engineer from England was on the boat with two women, Khun Wirawan aged 22 and Khun Suparak aged 20 and a Thai man, Khun Pramot aged 31. The group were on their way to Larn Island and minutes after the group left Pattaya, the boat which had recently been fixed began to take on water and was sinking fast. Luckily other boats in the area saw the problem and thankfully, the group were only shaken-up but were unhurt.

http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_15_08_50.htm

The one thing I did notice was the distinc lack of life jackets on any of the boats occupants. I can also take it that with the frantic waving of arms there was also no radio aboard? Commiserations on the loss of the boat but maybe the next one will have some of the above , just in case !!!!!!

FORGOT The boat was insured I take it??????????? :o