Will Be Needing Buddies!

DavidOxon

Hi there Guys and Gals . . .

the timer is ticking, and (we) should be arriving in

sunny Lamphun to live(!) at the beginning of January.

I will be needing a few mates to show me the ropes

and help me feel settled in!

I'm a 45 Year old English Guy with a 31 year old Thai wife.

I like to play music, play several instruments, some well, some not so well.

I'd particularly like a guitar buddy!

Does anyone in CM dive? Wouldn't mind a dive buddy to arrange diving weekends with.

I'm BSAC trained with around 500 dives, many to 30m + but haven't dived for a couple of years.

I quite like am-dram (particularly musicals) so if there's anyone doing that kind of

stuff then I'd quite fancy that too!

I also like cooking, eating, a moderate amount of party making,

and a few Changs . . . but not heavy drinking.

So . . . don't be shy . . be my friend :o

David

I'm a 45 Year old English Guy with a 31 year old Thai wife.

I like to play music, play several instruments, some well, some not so well.

I'd particularly like a guitar buddy!

Does anyone in CM dive? Wouldn't mind a dive buddy to arrange diving weekends with.

I'm BSAC trained with around 500 dives, many to 30m + but haven't dived for a couple of years.

I quite like am-dram (particularly musicals) so if there's anyone doing that kind of

stuff then I'd quite fancy that too!

I also like cooking, eating, a moderate amount of party making,

and a few Changs . . . but not heavy drinking.

So . . . don't be shy . . be my friend :D

David

Yep. You'll fit in just fine with the "new" Chiang Mai crew.

Diving around around CM is not so good, you can manage a couple of metres in the moat, might find a few dead 'uns in there as well. At least no deco stops will be required.

Good luck. :o

How about a list of 5 ways to tell if someone is New CM or Old CM?

Sounds intriguing!

Five simple questions will sort out the old hands from the new boys......

#1 Who or what was "Seventh Heaven"?

#2 Where was the "Oasis" bar located?

#3 Where was the original "Chiangmai massage" situated?

#4 How long has "Las Vegas" been operating?

#5 What's Blinky Bill's Hash name? :o

edit...forgot to say welcome :D

Edited by Maejo Man

Hope you settle in well.

I'm a diver too!

But there is nowhere to dive :o

Thats the downside to CM.

Unless you fancy a dive in a shallow reservoir:)

Mae Ngut dam near Mae Taeng is 45-50 meters on the bottom, 1-2 ft of visability, no fish to speak of, and absolutely no reason whatsoever to dive in it..

MJM, a bit before my time mate, but i still remember Domino's..

And if you ever happen to come across a book called "Fast Eddies Lucky 7 A-go go" you will quickly realize that BB and your good self are actually in it..True story. :D

Ha, ha! Expected that one :o

So!?!?!? Old and New CM'ers.

How about a list of 5 ways to tell if someone is New CM or Old CM?

Sounds intriguing!

One way to tell is those that reckon they know everything about Chiang Mai and Thailand are usually the newcomers.

David

Welcome to Lanna,

my considered advice is to avoid any of the following:

Blinky Bill

McSpicy/McGriffith

Austhaied

MiltonBentley and his good lady

they will lead you astray and take you to dens of iniquity where you will imbibe excess amounts of alcohol and dance to Reggae. Contact with these people will result in severe pain in the head and back pocket. You will be found at mobile bars scattered around the moat at 3am drinking blue coloured cocktails and having an unfortunate desire for a late night burger with double cheese. There is also a serious danger of being dragged along to Spicy where they have a permanent VIP table waiting for them and are on first name terms with most of the staff.

Other than these people who are used by parents as warnings to their children, you will find many nice people who enjoy the occasional drink and make socially acceptable friends. Suggest you start off with a visit to the Tuskers Bar and take advantage of their welcome to Chiangmai expat pack. The affable Chas will make you most welcome.

regards

CB

Have you ever lived in Las Vegas by any chance?

Are you referring to Las Vegas Nevada or the infamous Las Vegas Bar in Chiang Mai? If the one in Chiang Mai I would say I haven't "lived" there per say but I have in the past spent many a pleasant hour :o

CB

And if you ever happen to come across a book called "Fast Eddies Lucky 7 A-go go" you will quickly realize that BB and your good self are actually in it..True story. :D

That wasn't the tale of when I lanced a boil the size of a tennis ball on his backside in the middle of a bar full of customers was it? :o

David

Welcome to Lanna,

Blinky Bill

McSpicy/McGriffith

Austhaied

they will lead you astray and take you to dens of iniquity where you will imbibe excess amounts of alcohol and dance to Reggae. Contact with these people will result in severe pain in the head and back pocket. You will be found at mobile bars scattered around the moat at 3am drinking blue coloured cocktails and having an unfortunate desire for a late night burger with double cheese. There is also a serious danger of being dragged along to Spicy where they have a permanent VIP table waiting for them and are on first name terms with most of the staff.

Other than these people who are used by parents as warnings to their children, you will find many nice people who enjoy the occasional drink and make socially acceptable friends. Suggest you start off with a visit to the Tuskers Bar and take advantage of their welcome to Chiangmai expat pack. The affable Chas will make you most welcome.

regards

CB

Hmm - you're saying that like they're bad things.

I'd be more worried about you. ;-)

David

Welcome to Lanna,

Blinky Bill

McSpicy/McGriffith

Austhaied

regards

CB

Watch out CB, he's on to you.. :o:D

David

Welcome to Lanna,

Blinky Bill

McSpicy/McGriffith

Austhaied

regards

CB

Watch out CB, he's on to you.. :o:D

You may be right - and I would be worried about me too :D

CB

Naw, good (and humorous) advice from CB. HE prefers to hang out at the Chedi, chatting up rich expat farang ladies, over-coiffed and dripping with gems, whilst sipping a fine Puligny Montrachet, and expounding on the vagaries of Argentine polo teams...... :D

Hook up with him, and you'll be in the "hi-so" section of Chiang Mai Mail in no time :o

All kidding aside, welcome, and look forward to seeing you here!

McG