Beer Coolers

thairedofgoa

I've been trying to find out where I can buy the foam bottle holders. :D Anyone out there? Cheers

:D:D:D

hi , sorry cant help , but i,ve been looking for the same thing everywhere in udon thani and nong khai

if any 1 can help me also ... :D

A bar offered to sell me one for 50thb, but as I want a few I'm looking for the real price. They tried to explain where a shop is but I couldn't understand. :o Couldn't learn Thai in 12 days. ;)

:bah::bah::o

I had a couple of hundred of them made at a wet suit factory in Chiangmai. Is that the kind you want and do you need any particular design? What sort of quantity do you want? Mine were done on 'mates' rates' but I can check to see if they are interested.

I had a couple of hundred of them made at a wet suit factory in Chiangmai. Is that the kind you want and do you need any particular design? What sort of quantity do you want? Mine were done on 'mates' rates' but I can check to see if they are interested.

I'd be interested in a few (6 or more depending on price) suitable for the standard 640ml bottles. Pictures - don't care. CM is a lovely area, so anything local is fine. Chang / Karen / etc

Go east on Chiang Moi (towards river Ping). At Wararot Market (before river) turn right (south) Passing all the many entrances of the market, about a block and a half up on the right is a HUGE store devoted to "vendor" products. Wish I knew the name, but if you just park nearby, and walk the street, you'll see it. In the far back there is a large separate room. They have neoprene beer holders for big bottles in about 6-8 different designs. Cheap.

If I was more adept at Google Earth, like the Jedi Master (Austhaied) I would do a proper map.

I had instructions worse than the above, and I still found it...Good Luck!

McG

Edited by mcgriffith

Go east on Chiang Moi (towards river Ping). At Wararot Market (before river) turn right (south) Passing all the many entrances of the market, about a block and a half up on the right is a HUGE store devoted to "vendor" products. Wish I knew the name, but if you just park nearby, and walk the street, you'll see it. In the far back there is a large separate room. They have neoprene beer holders for big bottles in about 6-8 different designs. Cheap.

If I was more adept at Google Earth, like the Jedi Master (Austhaied) I would do a proper map.

I had instructions worse than the above, and I still found it...Good Luck!

McG

post-31110-1187368393_thumb.jpg

The shop you're probably looking for is the very well known "Chiangmai Plastics" - it has two entrances - one on the main one-way street out of Worarot, and the other on the small parallel soi a little towards the city centre from it.

They have plastic, plastic coated polystyrene, and neoprene bottle & glass condoms (local name for them)

You can also check the yellow pages for the Chang and Singha distribution centres (the actually brewing companies not the Chinese wholesalers) and the brewing companies will sell you large quantities at reasonable rates - they have them made in one of the "Nakhon's" down near Bangkok.

Gaz

The shop you're probably looking for is the very well known "Chiangmai Plastics" - it has two entrances - one on the main one-way street out of Worarot, and the other on the small parallel soi a little towards the city centre from it.

They have plastic, plastic coated polystyrene, and neoprene bottle & glass condoms (local name for them)

You can also check the yellow pages for the Chang and Singha distribution centres (the actually brewing companies not the Chinese wholesalers) and the brewing companies will sell you large quantities at reasonable rates - they have them made in one of the "Nakhon's" down near Bangkok.

Gaz

Yep, that's the one....

Gaz

Yep, that's the one....

I liked the look of Chas's Beer Lao coolers tonight but forgot to ask where he got them from.

Eventually found it. :o I found the right area then confused myself on the one way system. Went into a small bar I know in the Tapae Inn hotel (large Singha 60thb) and asked. I was just round the corner. Small ones 44thb and big ones 55thb. Not sure if this included a "white skin premium". :D Does dual pricing go on much here? I thought they would've been cheaper. Not the end of the world anyway.

The owner of the bar I mentioned collects all sorts of things and puts them on show. He's got Pepsi and Coke bottles and cans, cigar boxes, a few clocks, a mini chopper bike, 2 Vespas in good shape and other stuff.

Now ya know. :bah: Thanks to all.....

:D:D:D

Edited by thairedofgoa