Le Dalat Indochine Sukhumvit 23

Orangutan

• 2 weeks later...

Pays to be selective, the Vietnamese spring rolls with all the leafy bits and dipping sauces are satisfying as indeed are the squished pork and prawn doodahs on sticks.

The decor and venue generally makes a change from the usual and a trip to the gents can be diverting if priapism is your thing.

Wine in Thailand as a viable complement to food is dictated by your wallet and generally not your sense of taste which is probably buggered by all those beers you will have probably sunk before you finally get to sit down.....

It's been a while since I have been there but I do remember the food was quite good and I DON'T remember it being overly expensive. It's something a little different and I would have no qualms recommending it to my friends.

I have been there months ago. I don't remember what I had at Le Dalat Indochine but it was not that WOW or impressive compare with the check we got later on. It's over-rated (rip off, yes.) But that you pay for atmosphere, fancy service. Good for taking your date/whoever there but after awhile you don't want to pay a $100 or more for two while you can also go to T House, another Vietnamese place (I like) is located quite numbers in Bangkok has more selection and reasonable price, clean and sometimes they have all you can eat deal. Check it out.

Vietnamese Food is healthy and I have been to Vietnam years ago, tried the real deal and it's not quite taste the same as what we have here in Thailand. They have more selection and all kind of noodles wrap with different stuffing. Yummy.