Briton Dies In Car After Night On The Town

george

British national dies in car after night on the town

PATTAYA:-- Banglamung police were called to a location in Nongprue on July 12 following the reported death of a foreign resident inside a car.

Officers and Sawang Boriboon personnel arrived on the scene to find Eric Dodd, 67, from Great Britain dead inside a pickup truck.

Dodd’s friend Eddie Hodson, who lived a few doors away, told police that he and his friend had gone out the night before, drinking in a South Pattaya bar. At around 3.30 a.m. the pair were apparently quite inebriated and were driven home by the bar owner, Bunterng Sawangchai, who left them in the vehicle.

Hodson told officers that he managed to get home to sleep, just 10 meters from where the vehicle was parked, leaving his friend in the car to sleep off the night’s activities. He was unaware of his friend’s death until a neighbor told him.

Eric Dodd’s body was sent to the forensic institute for a post mortem examination. Police suspect that a heavy night of drinking and sleeping in a locked vehicle with the windows up might have exhausted Dodd’s oxygen supply, which coupled with his age may have contributed to his death.

--Pattaya Mail 2004-07-23

Was it suicide?

I have never known a car to be that airtight, have you?

If they were they wouldn't sink when they finish up in the sea, lake or a river would they. But they do (sink) don't they!

The coppers here will come up with any reason, particularly one that doesn't involve too much work by way of an investigation. :o

And if they were that pis*ed you wouldn't think suicide would have on his mind. :D

Wasn't here just recently a threat, "How to end it all".

Drunk, sleeping in an air tight pick up (perhaps on the cargo-area) might be the solution. If in the drivers cabin, keep the engine running and connect the exhaust pipe with a hose leading to the cabin to avoid getting too cold.

That happened to me once, i was in a pick up, asleep after a night on the piss, got home around 3, my mate whos pick up it was, left me in the pick up cos he was so pissed himself he forgot about me in the back, (its a 4 door truck), really lucky that at 7 am , another nieghbour walked past the truck, saw me in the back and woke me up, cos the Suns heat would probably have killed me too.....

Cars are not airtight, but Kids left in cars die from heat as do pets left in cars with no air circulation

Was it suicide?

I have never known a car to be that airtight, have you?

If they were they wouldn't sink when they finish up in the sea, lake or a river would they. But they do (sink) don't they!

The coppers here will come up with any reason, particularly one that doesn't involve too much work by way of an investigation. :o

And if they were that pis*ed you wouldn't think suicide would have on his mind. :D

When the car goes into the water, pressure outside becomes greater and water flows into the car.

But when it is on the ground, pressure inside and outside is the same. Then the car IS indeed airtight enough to prevent any air-flow. Well, IMO.