Settlement Visa - How Soon

Hi just a quiry this.

How soon can you apply for a settlement visa after marriage?

I meen for example, is it possible to marry your wife on a tuesday then apply for the visa on the wednesday?

Get me??

Thanks.

No "waiting period" required between marriage and SV application - in practice a time delay comes down to practicalities of putting the paperwork together........I / we are now 3 months past marriage with no SV applied for mainly due to me not yet getting my sh#t together, rather than any technical considerations.

As far as I know no rules against meeting a woman on a Monday, marrying on a Tuesday and applying for a SV on a Wednesday.........but the chances of success would be affected by the ability to show that the Relationship is "genuine"......not to say of course that this wasn't possible, just.......... :o

My wife and i got married 2 days before applying for our eventual successful application but she had been to visit me in the UK before on a tourist visa and we had a very good documented history of our relationship.

the whole lot from marriage to TB cert. to collection of spouse visa -10 days,

All done just from great advice on this forum! :o

Around 3 -5 working days maximum as you have a genuine relationship, a guy from work did his first trip in June married the first girl he met and is struggling to get a SV.

As he rushed in and submitted it without waiting to gather evidence etc.

Well done.

Is it possible to get a settlement visa if in the past you have been bankrupt????

check with embassy but as far as I know if you've paid your dues and still not active as "bankrupt" , all you have to do is prove you have funds or income to support your family. But check to make sure in case there is a eg: 5 year etc window they require for you being solvent.

As Mark says, Scott, you just need to be able to demonstrate that you can support your partner without recourse to Public Funds.

You can even be considerably in debt, but if you can demonstrate you are servicing the debt and have enough left over for the essentials of living, you will tick this particular box.

BTW, how is the application going?

Good Luck

Moss

How soon can you apply for a settlement visa after marriage?

Things may have changed, but back in 1999 you could apply for a UK settlement visa on the basis of marriage a couple of months before the marriage provided you were married by the time of the interview.