Which Airline Ls The Best ?

mark100

EVA Air is as good as any.

Got boinked by a very cute EVA attendant so I have to give it to them.

Can you expand on this please? More details would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. :D:o

Chatted with a very cute EVA Air flight attendant on the flight to BKK. Slipped her my cell number on the way out. The next day ring ring Y boom boom. Hoping to see her on another flight soon.

Better than an upgrade.

Thanks for that. Would it be too much to ask for a photo or two?

Wish I had a pic. Is it time to schedule the next trip to LOS yet?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, the most relaxing and enjoyable flight from Bangkok to Toronto I've ever had was with lowly EVA. I found the route, food, and staff were all very agreeable.

You'll find EVA actually has high marks in all areas; to my knowledge at least. It's only lowly because it's so cheap.

Of the approximately 60 airlines I have flown with, my top 3 is:

- Singapore Airlines

- Qatar Airways

- Emirates

EVA Air was also very good, but I flew in business with them while the top 3 ones are in economy.

My top 3 of low cost carriers:

- Air Berlin

- Niki

- Vueling

The test of a good airline is not how good they are when things are going right – but how good they are when things go wrong.

On that measure BA wipe the board clean.

Any concrete examples on why you make that statement? BA has repeatedly made operational decisions regarding transatlantic crossings with malfunctioning engines with which both the UK and US aviation authorities disagreed.

Olympic was horrible! The food was terrible! Are they out of business now??

Olympic Airways went bankrupt and the airline was relaunched as Olympic Airlines.

Any more word on those cracked runways?

Last I heard they were still looking for a couple of 747s that landed but disappeared en-route to the terminal building never to be heard from again.

Ha, ha, not too different to the general state of the Thai road network then!

Actually, the most relaxing and enjoyable flight from Bangkok to Toronto I've ever had was with lowly EVA. I found the route, food, and staff were all very agreeable.

You'll find EVA actually has high marks in all areas; to my knowledge at least. It's only lowly because it's so cheap.

Oh yeah, I like EVA. I only referred to them as "lowly" because, as you said, they manage to keep their fares quite low.

I forgot to mention that my good EVA flight only lasted until we reached Vancouver, where we transferred to Air Canada for the final leg to Toronto. What a difference -- Air Canada is a terrible airline. I think other airlines handle luggage better than the way Air Canada treats its passengers.

I used to fly KLM alot though they also have really bad inflight service and there planes are quite old in all the years I flew them I got up to silver wing they up graded me once in all that time also they didn`t much like serving drinks on their flights abit like Qantas.I remember when Swiss air were still flying I had a 3 month return ticket and while I was in BKK they decided to declare bankrupcy so I lost my return ticket .

I still think that in general Asian airlines (besides Garuda and air china)are sooo much better than there western counterparts.

I love Garuda!

Flying Bali to Jakarta a few decdes back, pilot comes on the tannoy and says as we're ahead of schedule, we might as well do some sightseeing.

Over Mount Bromo he loses a bit of height and does a 360 degree turn round the lip of the volcano. Everyone is crowded to the inside seats looking down into the fiery crater.

Why can't all airlines do that?

Incidentally it was a DC10, just like the one they lost on a sightseeing trip over Mount Cooke (?) in Antarctica.

I used to fly KLM alot though they also have really bad inflight service and there planes are quite old in all the years I flew them I got up to silver wing they up graded me once in all that time also they didn`t much like serving drinks on their flights abit like Qantas.I remember when Swiss air were still flying I had a 3 month return ticket and while I was in BKK they decided to declare bankrupcy so I lost my return ticket .

I still think that in general Asian airlines (besides Garuda and air china)are sooo much better than there western counterparts.

I love Garuda!

Flying Bali to Jakarta a few decdes back, pilot comes on the tannoy and says as we're ahead of schedule, we might as well do some sightseeing.

Over Mount Bromo he loses a bit of height and does a 360 degree turn round the lip of the volcano. Everyone is crowded to the inside seats looking down into the fiery crater.

Why can't all airlines do that?

Incidentally it was a DC10, just like the one they lost on a sightseeing trip over Mount Cooke (?) in Antarctica.

It was Mount Erebus in Antarctica where the Air New Zealand flight went down in 1979.

Flew Lufthansa from Frankfurt to Baku a few times, shiny looking mid-sized aircrafts but large comfortable seats, menu was not bad, cabin was serviced by elderly Bavarian ladies, friendly and professional - to be honest, better than some of the snobbish young pretty gals on THAI :o .

Air France is generally BAD!!!

Flew Lufthansa from Frankfurt to Baku a few times, shiny looking mid-sized aircrafts but large comfortable seats, menu was not bad, cabin was serviced by elderly Bavarian ladies, friendly and professional - to be honest, better than some of the snobbish young pretty gals on THAI :D .

Air France is generally BAD!!!

ana is one of the better airlines in this region - service and food are excellent and their aircraft are sparkling clean / new.... :D great staff attitude as well.. :o

15 years of international travel in IT for me and this is what I can come up with;

Top 3 International:

1) Singapore Airlines

2) Lan Chile

3) ANA

(Ansett used to be by far the best in Business Class before the Kiwis destroyed it)

Bottom 5 International:

1) Biman

2) Air India

3) Aerolineas Argentinas

Top 3 Domestic:

1) Berlin (German)

2) Southwest (US)

3) Aviaco (Spain)

Bottom Domestic:

1) Any other US airline except Southwest

Personally l think Singapore airlines are the best airline in the world, and certainly the top carrier operating to Thailand, what do you think ?

What is your worst experience flying with the current crop of airlines that fly to Thailand, this could be anything, staff, delays aircraft problems etc??

l had a China airlines flight 4 years ago that lost a tyre landing in a storm at Bangkok, we shot sideways across the runway when we touched down and then back the opposite way, a few people got minor injuries but we survived, just !!

:o Worst flight I ever had to Thailand was one with Thai International which then went through Saudi Arabia. As I got on the plane I noticed that there was a fuel leak coming out of the wing of the palne. Not dripping out, but a steady stream of fuel pouring out of the wing. We got on the plane, the flight was announced as being delayed (originally"'about an hour or so"). Spent 36 hours waiting in Saudi waiting forThai to bring another plane. When I left, the original plane was still on the ground at the airport. At least I got a hotel room out of it, but only television was Saudi news.

I was once on a Singapore Ailines flight from Frankfurt through Bangkok to Singapore. Two German tourists were drunk and spent a lot of the time standing in the aisles talking to another German sitting there. A Singapore businessman who was trying to sleep asked them to be quieter. The Germans started a fight with the businessman. All three of them were pulled off the plane in Bangkok by the Thai police at the pilot's request.

The worst flight I was ever on was an Egyptian Air flight from Geneva to Jeddah when I worked in Saudi Arabia. It was booked by the company I worked for at the time. The stewardess was a 50's woman who I swear had a hump on her back.

BA has also done me wrong by delaying my flight from London to Boston for 18 hours. Engine problem with aircraft, and no replacement aircraft. Left Heathrow at 01:30 in the morning.

:D

I have a lot of scary true stories. I'll add them every so often if this thread stays alive. About 15 years ago, in a remote Russian city in Siberia, I boarded a Tupolev mid-sized aircraft to return to Moscow. As we walked across the tarmack to board, I noticed with some alarm the tires were severely deflated. I didn't see any crew trying to fix this, and it looked like the plane had been parked for months or years. Then, the plane was in very bad shape inside, and as we took off, air was hissing through the exit door frame, and the door appeared to be rattling. Worse, the pilots seemed to be having trouble controlling the aircraft as we lifted off, and there was a big scuffle in the back. In that plane, the cargo and luggage compartment was in the very rear of the plane. Turns out the fight was that an extra 20 or so drunk and now fighting passengers had been smuggled on board for a cheap fee by the flight attendants. The pilots turned the plane around and landed and kicked them off. I later found out that having the unaccounted for extra weight could severely affect safety due to amount of fuel, etc., and we could have easily crashed. By then, I had seen enought. I elected to wait another 3 days for an alternate flight rather than get back on that one.

Emirates and Singapore airlines are top of the class.

The worst you can do is to book a SAS (Scandinavian Airlines) flight. Just miserable. Unbelievable lazy crew.

Thumbs down for Gulf Air. Once I had a flight that I also re-confirmed the day before my flight. When I came to the airport, I didn't got a seat!!!!