Pgs-westerngeco.....

Zeid

Not sure where to post this but any work in the above mentioned or similar company?

PGS and WesternGeco are two different companies, lots of work around though, what do you do, Observer, Navigator, Gunner etc.?

yes i know two different but listed them as these are the two companies i am interested in working for, PGS is a different entity where westerngeco is part of schlumberger.

PGS is employing this autumn at least that is what the web page says, and i am interested to work as a navigator/observer/acquisition Qc. entry level

do you work in any or similar company?

Edited by Zeid

Not sure where to post this but any work in the above mentioned or similar company?

PGS and WesternGeco are two different companies, lots of work around though, what do you do, Observer, Navigator, Gunner etc.?

yes i know two different but listed them as these are the two companies i am interested in working for, PGS is a different entity where westerngeco is part of schlumberger.

PGS is employing this autumn at least that is what the web page says, and i am interested to work as a navigator/observer/acquisition Qc. entry level

do you work in any or similar company?

I do work for similar companies as a freelance client representative, I've worked for both of the above companies in the past and found PGS to be the better of the two but Schlumberger are renowned for their training and advancement so WesternGeco might be the one to go for in that sense.

As both Dogblower & Sir Blurr state, there is lots of work around but only for experienced people or people qualified for training. If you fall into the latter then I would forget the autumn enlisting and get your CV off now to as many of the larger companies as you can find. CGG Veritas would also fall into these but no idea what the longterm deal is with them.

You might also want to try Doodlebugger.com but you would have to pay the five pounds membership to see the job postings.

thanks for the details walker,

and i hope(like to think) i am a person who is qualified my last job was running a 100,000squaremeter bonded area with 10,000enviromentally controlled dry warehouse next to 5,000squaremeter frozen warehouse, had 95 employees, and every 4 days i had to make sue i dispatched food items for the allied forces in Iraq, that is 1100throughput cases per day with a total of 10,000sku from batch number expiry dates, and so on.

I have

FAA ppl

FAA Airframe powerplant

CAA airframe power plant

PADI OWSI

and speak three languages can not spell that great :o

again thanks for the advise, and heads up, and hope i can be part of one of the offshore crew soon.

Edited by Zeid

All the seismic survey companies are hiring at the moment, but, only if you have experience.

Not so true, what is happening is all the people with experience are all ready employed

Now the industry needs new blood, but its trying to save money

(getting cheap labor ) by employing people from third world countries

India, parts of Asia, and east Europeans.

If you fit this criteria, you might get an interview.

You will need to be very smart to get a job, way to many Indian university people chasing the money

:o

Edited by cubes2

All the seismic survey companies are hiring at the moment, but, only if you have experience.

Not so true, what is happening is all the people with experience are all ready employed

Now the industry needs new blood, but its trying to save money

(getting cheap labor ) by employing people from third world countries

India, parts of Asia, and east Europeans.

If you fit this criteria, you might get an interview.

You will need to be very smart to get a job, way to many Indian university people chasing the money

:o

indians are everywhere, i think it is the curry.

i am from the middle east so i am not sure how that feets within your profile, are you in this area of the business?

yes i work in the business. but im not an employer.

You must know someone in the game, you did'nt get out of bed one day and think i want to be in Seismic?

ask your friend about it.

or Pm me if you like

Edited by cubes2