Are China And Russia Getting

gharknes

plus all the recent military activity recently and placing claim on arctic locations against international treaties, don't know anybody else thinks but these events are quite disturbing considering what is going on in the rest of the world, Mr nice guy Putin is turning out to be a bit of a nightmare

thoughts

I gathered from the news that it is precisely the time to place claims on Arctic locations as the treaty's deadline approaches.

Mr nice guy Putin is due to retire unless they change their consitution, his two terms are up.

There's a picture of Russian turbo prop bomber shadowed by RAF fighter jet. That is dangerous, but wasn't it the Americans who installed missile defences on Russian borders first?

I don't know which worries me more George Bush in his own private world or Putin flexing his muscles.

Historically,Chinese & Russian Communism are poles apart,however everything is diluted with economic influences.

I think like Pepe,we should observe,we can't influence these events .

LONDON, England -- New photos released this week show British air force jets shadowing Russian bombers over the North Atlantic Ocean in scenes that echo the Cold War and highlight Moscow's growing assertiveness. The images from Britain's Ministry of Defence show an encounter outside British airspace last Friday between the Royal Air Force's (RAF) new Typhoon F2 aircraft and one of several Russian Bear-H bombers.

The incident comes as Moscow seeks to raise its military profile. The encounter happened on the same day that Vladimir Putin, president of Russia, announced it was to resume the Soviet-era practice of continuous long-range bomber patrols on a permanent basis.

The move is regarded by analysts as one of several signs of growing Russian assertiveness.

Also Tuesday Putin announced plans to revive Russia's aviation industry after more than a decade of post-Soviet under-funding, Reuters said.

Someone should tell Putin that "raising your profile" might be best attained with jet-engined aircraft...? :o

The RAF should have sent up a Sopwith Camel to "shadow" this relic. :D

post-32068-1187851043_thumb.jpg

If Bush weren't such a master of diplomacy this wouldn't be happening in my view. I really would like to take some American rightwingers in to the mental health section of a hospital to be check for mental disease. I had a friend who did some pretty nutty things. His family was a Republican family. Anyways he fell victim to brainwashing and did some stupid things. he was arrested and sent to get mental help. The doctor used the words 'capable of black- white thinking' This happened years ago when he was in university. I still remember those words. I'm sure he's still the same. Most rightwingers are black-white thinkers. There not all American of course. I've met some Brits who are the same way. These people are people who are unable to reason. They can't see that the world is not about us and them all the time. Anyways the people that drove Hitler up and up had the same condition.

Bush with is black-white view of the world has polarized countries. Instead of finding common ground he does his thing which is 'you are either with us or against us' When he said this back after 911 he lost half of Thailand's population's support instantly.

So to Bush and the rightwing the world is black and white and anyone who doesn't jump on his side is an enemy.

encounter outside British airspace

well, it's the brits and not russians, a little edgy.

america is preparing a smaller scale Reagan's 'star wars' against russia - they have a lot of oil and gas there, as well. Maybe they won't conquer it - but get some share of the honey.

After Afghanistan (as an important transportation route for the future oil pipes from the former russian republics), Iraq will be Iran, maybe Libia or Kazahstan or the other oil rich countries.

Hope thailand will start digging fast for their own supplies of oil and gas.

plus all the recent military activity recently and placing claim on arctic locations against international treaties, don't know anybody else thinks but these events are quite disturbing considering what is going on in the rest of the world, Mr nice guy Putin is turning out to be a bit of a nightmare

thoughts

Thoughts? My thought is it isn't Thailand related :o