Immigration Office In Hua Hin

treb

Heard Immigration has an office in Hua Hin but still training staff. Would eliminate going to Bangkok for visa renewals (non-immigrant O) and residence registry every 90 days. Anyone with good information. Last heard was in October, same as for Tesco Lotus. In time for influx of tourists hopefully. Treb

Treb....Can't understand why you should visit Immigration every 90 days when you can just post it to them?

As for immigration office....10 k south of Prachuap Khiri Khan is the Immigration office!

Hope this helps......Does no one tell you anything in HuaHin?

U2Y.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have just moved to HuaHin from Phuket so know nothing about local conditions. I have a couple of questions and would be grateful for any guidance.

1. When moving from one province to another someone told me that it was officially necessary to let the local police know your new address. Is this the case?

2. There is mention of sending the 90 day report in by post. Where do I get a list of what is required and the forms to fill in?

3. For visa extension renewal is it better to go to Bangkok or the immgration office 10 kms south of Prachuap Khiri Khan? Where exactly is this by the way?

Thanks in advance

To the best of my knowlege:

1. It may be the letter of the law to register with the police, but I don't think it's common practice.

2. Don't know the forms

3. Certainly quicker to go to Prachuabkirikhan............

You take the Hwy (Petchkasem Road) south, past the stoplights for Prachuab about 6-8 kms, take a U turn, and go to Milepost 331, where there is a small police station on a corner (your left).........take that small road about 5-6 kms and Immigration is on your right, set back from the road, but well signed.

I can't think of the name on the signs.........but you are headed to the narrowest point in aThailand....it's less than 15 kms from the hwy to the Burmese border.

Good luck